Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
This is the new MGS. It's a work in progress :) If you've tried to register but couldn't, please try again, it's fixed. Apologies!

Gameday - September 27th - Steelers @ Rams

edited October 2015 in Steelers
Bell back.  Hopefully there isn't much to Shazier's shoulder.  Maybe Scooby can actually kick one through the uprights in a dome.  Rams tend to be a bitch at home.  Line of Rams (-1) makes me hella nervous.

Comments

• Antonio Brown and Ben Roethlisberger are something special.
  • St L's D, particularly the front 7 are awesome. Offense, not so much.

Baltimore's D particularly their secondary is not so good.  Their offense is much better than St L's.  

Gonna be a really tough short week.  Really hope to see Ben again this year, even if it is a long-term mend.  Guy is in his prime.  Really hate to see that happen.  
  • Stupid hit by Barron and probably worth a fine but not a malicious low hit. Just unfortunate
  • Not good to see Shazier's arm in a sling.  Does not bode well for Thursday.  

Defense came up big enough.  Will Allen had his splash play that was a game saver.  Tuitt had a nice, noticeable first half.  

Speaking of "Allen," Cortez Allen has to be a sure cut after the season.  Can't get on the field the past two games and didn't show much the one game he was in.  Guy can't cover.
  • Mike Mitchell does not have an INT yet as a Steeler. Will Allen's was the first for a Steeler safety since late 2013
  • Only thing I will say about that hit was that when Brady got hit like that, they changed the rules. Ben, not even a penalty. Of course, Ben got his face smashed in by Ngata and no call then either.  Hope it wasn't as bad as it looked - and hope Vick can pick up quickly. Looks like he needs some reps. He may have been 5-6, but was lucky to avoid two turnovers.
  • It was an ugly 5 of 6. Will help to get Bryant back in two weeks.

Very rough day for the OL.

Hit was kinda similar to what KVO did to Palmer years ago, right? Shoulda been a flag on Barron but Ben is rarely the recipient of those calls.

Glad to get a win. Need another one this Thursday. I would use Deangelo more than what they did today. Get both he and Bell on the field at the same time.
  • Mitchell is too busy posing after a tackle when the opponents convert a second and 18, so he doesn't have time for INTs
  • Saw that and thought the same. Some Rams' D player did the same thing later in the game. I don't get it.
  • Ugh, and the award for the Most Unceremonious Win in Week 3 goes to...