Most men, no matter how well or badly dressed, carry overstuffed, beat up wallets that should have been replaced years ago. Why is that? Every time I see a guy take out a wallet anywhere, it looks like a piece of old melted chocolate cake-with strings."
- Jonathon Carr, American fantasy fiction novelist.
Quick, what is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear "wallet"? If you, like Mr. Carr above, can visualize only a weather-beaten leather receptacle of cash and cards, your knowledge of fashion is sorely out of date. The humble wallet, long relegated to the back of fashion priorities, has now become a fashion statement with designer wallets gaining popularity by the day.
Here are some fashionable wallet designers from past to present:
1. Gucci - The top selling Italian brand in the world with revenues exceeding 802.2 billion, Gucci is a powerhouse in fashion circles. Founded way back in 1921 by Guccio Gucci (whose initials make up the companys distinctive logo), Gucci introduced a few innovations like the Flora silk scarf (worn prominently by Hollywood actress Grace Kelly), and the Jackie O shoulder bag, made well-known by Jackie Kennedy, the wife of late U.S. President John F. Kennedy. Presently, Gucci sells a number of unique items, designer wallets among them.
2. Fendi - Fendi is another big Italian label in the world of fashion with annual sales of $353 million last year. Tracing its origins to to 1925 as a fur and leather shop in Rome, today Fendi is a fragment of the magnificence goods conglomerate LVMH. It specializes in leather goods such as designer bags and wallets.
3. Prada - Prada completes the Italian trinity of top fashion brands. Considerably larger than Fendi but smaller than Gucci, Prada is a label to reckon with in elite fashion circles, notching up sales of 801.7 billion annually. Prada and Gucci have had a few run-ins concerning creativeness of work, and Prada had once held big stakes in both Gucci and Fendi, selling out at important profits. The brands reputation as a manufacturer of elite fashion items such as designer wallets and bags received a shot in the arm with the release, and succeeding approval of the Meryl Streep-starring film The Devil Wears Prada.
4. Louis Vuitton - Flagship manufacturer of the same conglomerate that owns Fendi, Louis Vuitton enjoys the tough reputation of being the most counterfeited brand name in the world. Universally recognized by its LV monogram, Louis Vuitton had sales nearing 802 billion last year. Founded in Paris in 1854 as a manufacturer of marvellous luggage,Prada Online
, the company now sells a wide limit of magnificence items that includes designer wallets.
5. Savvy Caddy - Savvy Caddy may not have the big histories of the Big 4 mentioned above, but for those looking at designer wallets at affordable prices, it offers a significant alternative. Promoting its products through the tagline, "Youe smart,Prada 2013
. Shouldn your wallet be Savvy??the company offers a range of pretty all-leather wallets that can accommodate a great number of cards and bills without being bulky,Prada Australia
. They also come with a 30-day unconditional money back promise.
Related articles: http://www.utselva.edu.mx/jruizs/bbpress/topic.php?id=559814&replies=1#post-599483