Your Ad Here

Fire Bruce Arians!
Apr 16, 14, 02:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Why are they blitzing so much?

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Specific evidence of why Arians needs to be fired NOW!  (Read 7103 times)
XTeam

View Profile
« on: Nov 11, 08, 14:55 »

Okay gang, here we go:

1) Total inability to make intra-game adjustments -
Nowhere was this more evident than in the Eagles game.  That was the most single painful game to watch in YEARS!  Absolutely no ability to adjust to the eagles 6-8 man rush on EVERY play.  There's risk to being so aggressive.  However instead of taking advantage of the speed rush/Flood the box strategy, Arians continued to put Ben at risk by having him do a simple drop-back with a line that is not made up of pro-bowlers.  This, is the single most damning piece of evidence why Arians should be canned with prejudice.

2) Constant repetition of similar/same plays -
How many times have we seen Ben fake a throw to the right or left, then hand the ball off.  That's one play.  How many times have we seen us run the same play either twice in a row in in the case of the indy game - THREE times in a row, the 1st & goal from the 3 with three straight runs.  How the fuck is that creative?  Here, Arians shows a true lack of creativity, diversion or even logic.

3) It's been cited before -
Where the Fuck is the MOVING POCKET?  I have not seen one rollout/moving pocket from Ben ONCE this year.  This would have been KEY against the Eagles and Giants.  Ben's mobility is one of his best traits, yet this guy does NOT use rollouts.  Inexcusable. 

4) Predictability -
The Steelers are the single most predictable offense in the NFL.  Look, we're no longer capable of being SOLELY a "smash mouth" offense - so let's mix it up!  Let's throw team's off.  When you have bull-rushers like the Eagles and Giants, run a spread/speed no-huddle in order to keep them off balance.  Throw some west-coast in there.  Slants, Timing patterns, Screens, Rollouts, options, laterals...anything, but this running the ball through the tackles with your 2nd  and 3rd string RB's ain't going to fly when the entire universe knows what's coming!

5) Not taking advantage of your personnel -
We have a vast amount of talent on our offense with guys who can do multiple things.  Where the fuck is Dennis Dixon?  Why not throw him in there every now and then just to give the other team's Def. Coordinator fits?  Hines ward used to be a QB...where are the plays like in XL with Randle-El throwing the ball?  I know there are other guys who can do the same.  We need to do a better job of using our personnel, period.

The name of the game is this - Football, is a chess game.  We keep coming up straight-ahead with our pawns and rooks, not disguising our attacks at all.  After two or three times, teams will know this and come straight at us with nothing to lose.  Why couldn't we have lined up in the "I" formation against Indy on the 1st & 3 to go, and come out passing?  Anyone seen a QB draw lately?  Screen pass?  Granted, we did see a "flea-flicker" but that almost blew up in our face because we rarely execute these plays. 

For the reasons I've cited above, along with the many other reasons cited by the members of this site, it is quite clear that Mr. Arians is not capable of taking us to the next level, and consequently, needs to be immediately released with extreme prejudice so he can take his lame act to another team, preferably the Ravens.  Hasta la vista Bruce - don't let the door hit you on the way out!   

jonzr
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 08, 15:04 »

Where are the torches?  I'm ready to storm the facilities!

Maximum Grilled Steelers.com
Maximum Grilled Steelers Blog
Pittsburgh, Steelers, forums, boards, talk, news, opinions, content, Steelers fans, Stillers
jlackovic
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 08, 12:46 »

He needs to go because look at the record of teams that throw 30-40 times per game. Unless it's Colts or Pats they  are just mediocre teams over the long haul. Let's get back to less than 25 throws a game and more that 35 runs with that defense it would be over. Oh! whar kind of offensive coordinator get's rid of all true fullbacks. You can't run much against any good team without one. We can't even gain a yard when it's needed. Send Bruce back to Cleveland
Citizen Zero

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 08, 07:43 »

I completely agree with every reason given. At least with Whisenhunt and Mularkey before him, when our offense stunk it up in the 1st half, adjustments were made and the situation was rectified. The lack of the moving pocket against heavy blitzing teams is inexcusable. There are no wrinkles in our offense, period, when it comes to trick and gadget plays, I mean I'm not lookin for a TD out of them but give the opposing DC something to think about. I mean you hit the nail on the head. One question, I live outside the Pittsburgh market so I havent seen every one of the games, mostly the ones from the beginning of the season but does anyone recall a fade pass to Sweed in the end zone? Im not the kids biggest fan cause he hasnt shown anything but isnt it worth a shot when he's 6'4 and can probably jump over every corner in the league? All of these reasons support my idea of throwing big money at Dan Henning who knows how to get the absolute most out of the players he fields.

PS Arians is a Wanker!

"Use the time of a total stranger in such a way that he or she will not feel the time was wasted."
-Kurt Vonnegut
Faneca

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 08, 09:00 »

No moving pocket makes Hulk angry..... Angry

"Chuck Noll is building one hell of a football team up in Pittsburgh. I look for the Steelers to be the team of the future. Just remember I said that."

-Vince Lombardi, 1970
Fire Bruce Arians!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 08, 09:00 »

steelers24

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 09, 17:01 »

I am so glad that someone else is wondering where Dennis Dixon is?  He is a huge offensive weapon like Randel El and he is sitting out this season.  Arians doesn't know how to play or utilize the talented offensive players that he has.  Man up, Mike Tomlin, and get rid of Arians as soon as you lose in the playoffs because he ran the ball up the middle without a fullback on 4th and goal.
mdtoothdoc
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 09, 20:18 »

At current pace, Ben won't finish another four seasons.  Unless a coordinator can be found IMMEDIATELY,   Ben's best years will be irretrieveably wasted.  Under Whisenhunt, Ben looked like a seasoned vet from day one.  His average yard per attempt was at a level never before seen in a rookie starter.  Ben is still that QB. What he needs an O-line that can passably protect   him, and a coordinator that can utilize his talents best.  Running undersized backs with no lead blocker repeatedly is insanity.  Running on first and second down for no gain or a loss and passing on third is a sure way to get Ben killed even with an O-line laden with all-pros. An intelligent, preferably innovative, offensive co-ordinator can easily allow this offensive to soar. To fail to hire one is folly bordering on criminality.
MONCITY
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 09, 01:45 »

Did we NOT run the NO HUDDLE OFFENSE earlier in the year with SUCCESS? Where has that gone? It brings me back to the AFC Championship game against Denver (not sure of the year). Kordell ran for a long TD early in the game. Did they run him again? NO! It seems that whenever we find something that works we stop using it. Fire this clown's ass before he costs us another game (or QB).
Citizen Zero

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 09, 20:35 »

I swear to god Arians, you son of a bitch, I will walk barefoot from Florida to Pittsburgh to strangle you with my bare fucking hands! Who goes to the spread offense on 3rd and 1 in the 4th quarter? Arians does.....

God forbid you maybe line up in the I Form and run the ball, no that would be too logical. You disgust me.

"Use the time of a total stranger in such a way that he or she will not feel the time was wasted."
-Kurt Vonnegut
Citizen Zero

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 09, 20:40 »

This inept bastard needs to be cut in to three pieces so we can dump him into all three rivers.....

-Kurt Vonnegut
Fire Bruce Arians!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 09, 20:40 »

jonzr
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 09, 22:00 »

I swear to god Arians, you son of a bitch, I will walk barefoot from Florida to Pittsburgh to strangle you with my bare fucking hands! Who goes to the spread offense on 3rd and 1 in the 4th quarter? Arians does.....

God forbid you maybe line up in the I Form and run the ball, no that would be too logical. You disgust me.

That call had me talking to myself.  And what about the end around earlier.  THAT NEVER WORKS.  Especially not against the damn Ravens.

Maximum Grilled Steelers.com
Maximum Grilled Steelers Blog
Pittsburgh, Steelers, forums, boards, talk, news, opinions, content, Steelers fans, Stillers
jseitz8
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 09, 10:21 »

The list of reason cited at the beginning of this forum all still apply.  Arians sucks.  If it wasn't for our amazing defense, we'd be lucky to go 500 this year.  How about 28 runs for 48 yards on Sunday?  Might it be because we know exactly when (and where) Arians will choose to run again and again?  Our best hope is that the Steelers' "success" will lead him to get a head coaching job elsewhere!
lvoutletuk14

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 13, 09:03 »

two times earthquake mountain to shake a roaring of sort voice, the wave of a way voice's once rowing is tumbling down of ghost Wang Fu, shake the whole big house fragment, ghost Wang Fu is missing, a full sky of bloods keep surging forward, but hurtle to three ghosts nearby Ga however.
    Chu's vapor trail settles Jing lo to go, sees the mother become a foot to have tenth Louis Vuitton handbags for sale, louis vuitton clearance high super huge ghost, a piece of piece of the solid muscle contain endless endless strength.
    Six louis vuitton clearances are many high of Xie Ting living and shine on at Chu at the moment human face before also become short ghost.
    However Xie Ting Sheng is also horizontal strong solid many Louis Vuitton handbags, the elephant is a knoll, send forth a without the power that can match, connect Chu's vapor trail this etc. fix for of ghost louis vuitton handbags outlet wholesale Louis Vuitton handbags, all can not help pouring to take a suck at an air conditioner.
    This result that is the ghost male and match?
    Chu's vapor trail not from a burst of and disconsolate.
Related articles:

http://www.ttgdtxbinhlong.edu.vn/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3470&PID=6301#6301

http://www.9oora.com/showthread.php?22279-ralph-lauren-outlet-uk-wintertime-and-spring-cold-water-carp-catches&p=85547#post85547

http://www.15soldiers.de/15s11/index.php?site=news_comments&newsID=77

http://forums.southparkstudios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=20418

http://www.15soldiers.de/15s11/index.php?site=news_comments&newsID=78
Fire Bruce Arians!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: