Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 21, 2014 at 00:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BIG D"S Final Mock  (Read 3242 times)
pittman7q
« on: Apr 25, 2007 at 20:03 »

1. Oak JaMarcus Russell
2. Det Calvim Johnson
3. Clev Brady Quinn
4. Tampa Joe Thomas
5. Arizona Amobi Okoye
6. Wash Gaines Adams
7. Vikes Alan Branch
8. Atlanta Adrian Peterson
9. Miami Levi Brown
10. Houston Marshawn Lynch
11. SF Laron Laundry
12 Bufflo Patrick Willis
13. ST Louis Adan Carriker
14. Carolina Darrelle Revis
15. Steelers Paul Posluszny
16. GB Greg Olson
17. Jacksonville Jamal Anderson
18. Cincinnati Leon Hall
19. Tennessee Larence Timmons
20. NY Giants Michael Griffin
21. Denver Jarvis Moss
22. Dallas Ben Grubbs
23. KC Ted Ginn
24. NE Chriss Houston
25. NY Jets Dwayne Bowe
26. Philadelphia Robert Meachem
27. New Orleans Joe Staley
28. NE Anthony Spencer
29. Baltimore Justin Blaylock
30. SD Dwayne Jarrett
31. Bears  Jon Beason
32. Colts Eric Weddle
steelers4lyfe333

« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2007 at 20:11 »

geez if we took Paul Poz that high..there should be an outrage..no way he goes before Lawerence Timmons..I dont want him either though
pittman7q
« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2007 at 20:28 »

geez if we took Paul Poz that high..there should be an outrage..no way he goes before Lawerence Timmons..I dont want him either though
Something I saw makes me think he is the man, we'll see Sat.  I aslo think we grab wr and og day 1.  I like M, Bush in the 4th and Stewart Bradley.  In the 5th I would like to see us get that punter that can kickem 80 yards.
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2007 at 20:28 by pittman7q » Logged
steelers4lyfe333

« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2007 at 20:47 »

I like the idea about a 1st day WR and Stewart Bradley.. I believe Mike Barr already has that punting job..He's been with us 4 years behind Gardocki and he's got one hell of a leg...I like taking a chance on Bush too as long as it's late in the draft enough.. Would hate to see us burn a 3rd rounder on him...On Poz.. the only reason I don't see us taking him is due to prototypical position.. He seems like a MLB witout a doubt..With Farrior and Foote set in stone.. I just can't see him providing the total pass rush we need from a OLB... He'd own the run..Just getting at the QB is what worries me... I like Beason more than him and Timmons as OLB's... He's short but strong and has a motor similar to a young Joey .. He's a serious possibility to me.. but not at 15
VThrilla18

« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2007 at 21:19 »

if we take Paul Posluszny at 1.15, I will lose all hope for this team, and not watch a single game this season... I am not kidding either.

It would take a real fucken moron to take him at 15.

steelers4lyfe333

« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2007 at 21:46 »

haha being straight forward there..I agree..just felt like breaking it to him softly
jcharding
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2007 at 23:34 »

I've seen mocks where Poz goes at 14.

That said I think I would rather have Jamal Anderson.

I don't need no stinking avatar!
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #7 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 06:09 »

I've seen mocks where Poz goes at 14.
I would have no problem with him going 14.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 08:40 »

Damn, all my prime 1.15 targets are gone.  I'd still take Anderson and maybe even Hall over Poz though.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #9 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 11:06 »

I like this draft, it may be a little high for Poz, but look who is already gone.  poz may end up being better than some of us think.  I will never let the dude who called that guy a moron live it down if we take him.  Be nice.

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
VThrilla18

« Reply #10 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 12:57 »

I like this draft, it may be a little high for Poz, but look who is already gone.  poz may end up being better than some of us think.  I will never let the dude who called that guy a moron live it down if we take him.  Be nice.
Try, I wont let any of you PSU homers let it down, Poz is a joke, he is small, slow and got by in the college game off knowing the game better against guys still on his Level. Lets face it, the Big 10 isnt loaded with NFL quailty RB's and TE's or OLmen... Poz isnt nothing more than a good College player...
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2007 at 20:08 by VThrilla18 » Logged

pittman7q
« Reply #11 on: Apr 27, 2007 at 16:46 »

I like this draft, it may be a little high for Poz, but look who is already gone.
VThrilla18

« Reply #12 on: Apr 27, 2007 at 19:36 »

I like this draft, it may be a little high for Poz, but look who is already gone.  poz may end up being better than some of us think.  I will never let the dude who called that guy a moron live it down if we take him.  Be nice.

Try, I wont let any of you PSU homers let it down, Poz is a joke, he is small, slow and got by in the college game off knowing the game better against guys still on his Level. Lets face it, the Big 10 isnt loaded with NFL quailty RB's and TE's or OLmen... Poz isnt nothing more than a good College player...

Moron?

http://www.timesonline.com/site/news.cfm?n...id=478568&rfi=6

Well tell me who Mike Bires is?  If he is such a great judge of talent, why is he writting for the times and not a NFL scout or hell not even working for the post gazette....

I could write a story about how great Rian Wallace is, and how he is the next Ray Lewis and how his upside is endless.. Does that give it merrit?  nope... Just because some jack ass writting for a small time paper thinks POZ could be the next Jack Hamm dont mean it will happen.

I dont know where you been the last 5 years.. but recently in the NFL, if you are a LB and your undersized, you better damn well be fast as hell to make up for that...  but guess what... Paul isnt.. actually... there are many of DE's who are faster than he is, who is also a lot bigger and stronger...

Please tell me... What is so special about PP?  What do you see in him to make you believe he is WORTHY of being the 15 pick in the draft... There are atleast 5 LBs in this draft who are more athletic and BIGGER and FASTER and ready for the NFL in this draft.

Im willing to bet my life savings, if Paul played his college ball at a place like Northwestern or Purdue, you would be agreeing with me.  Give it up.. he might be the home town boy... but that dosent always mean he is the best option for the team.
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2007 at 19:37 by VThrilla18 » Logged

pittman7q
« Reply #13 on: Apr 27, 2007 at 20:38 »

I like this draft, it may be a little high for Poz, but look who is already gone.
VThrilla18

« Reply #14 on: Apr 27, 2007 at 23:24 »

Moron?

http://www.timesonline.com/site/news.cfm?n...id=478568&rfi=6

Well tell me who Mike Bires is?  If he is such a great judge of talent, why is he writting for the times and not a NFL scout or hell not even working for the post gazette....

I could write a story about how great Rian Wallace is, and how he is the next Ray Lewis and how his upside is endless.. Does that give it merrit?  nope... Just because some jack ass writting for a small time paper thinks POZ could be the next Jack Hamm dont mean it will happen.

I dont know where you been the last 5 years.. but recently in the NFL, if you are a LB and your undersized, you better damn well be fast as hell to make up for that...  but guess what... Paul isnt.. actually... there are many of DE's who are faster than he is, who is also a lot bigger and stronger...

Please tell me... What is so special about PP?  What do you see in him to make you believe he is WORTHY of being the 15 pick in the draft... There are atleast 5 LBs in this draft who are more athletic and BIGGER and FASTER and ready for the NFL in this draft.

Im willing to bet my life savings, if Paul played his college ball at a place like Northwestern or Purdue, you would be agreeing with me.  Give it up.. he might be the home town boy... but that dosent always mean he is the best option for the team.

Well since I am a moron, what the fuck do you care what I have to say?  

Here is my order of players I would like us to get in round one, who could still be on the board when we pick:  Patrick Willis, Levi Brown, Amobi Okoye, Derrelle Revis, Alan Branch Adam Carriker and Poz.  Since in my mock all of the others are gone I went With Poz.  Some may think that 15 is to high for him, but if it's the guy you want you take him.

Poz is a tough player with great instincts.  He played well at both outside and middle LB, but I think he will be best at inside. He is like a coach on the field with his understanding of the game.  

I am not sure what other LB's you are talking about, but here are some stats:
Poz 4.70 40, Ht 6-2 Wt 238
Timmons 4.66 40 Ht 6-1 wt 234
Beason 4.72 40 Ht 6-0 Wt 237
Spencer 4.70 40 Ht 6-3 Wt 261 tweener

I also Like Stewart Bradley in the 3-4 Rnd.

Poz isnt 220lbs soaking wet in pads.....
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2007 at 23:24 by VThrilla18 » Logged

ajv148

« Reply #15 on: Apr 28, 2007 at 00:46 »

Thanks VT.  I always knew they just made those combine measurements up.  Thanks for clarifying.  Also, thanks for weighing him for us.

If you don't think Poz is a good fit for us at 1.15, sure I agree.  And I think he'll be a good player.

But your reasoning is completely assinine.  As a sidenote, I think its funny you called "pittman" a PSU homer.  Good one.

Back to the point, Poz is bigger than Timmons and Beason.  His Proday 40 time was 4.58, I believe, faster than Beason and Timmons.

And even if one of them ran .01 faster than him, which they didn't, or weighed 5 pounds more than him, which they don't, or were an inch or 2 taller, which they aren't, your completely out of your mind if you think that will make them a better football player.

Maybe you should check your facts next time before you go call someone a moron.

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Apr 28, 2007 at 01:04 »

Posluszny aint shit.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Apr 28, 2007 at 01:07 »

And please don't call PSU fans "homers". I root for the mutherfuckin five-time Super Bowl Champeen team that beats people up old-school style. And yes I have Steelers ties and live in the city.

PSU is out in hickville central. They have no affiliation with the Steez and anyone who tries to believe so is a fucking dreamer. Center Co is not the 'Burgh. Get the f serious.

Fuck Penn State.

VThrilla18

« Reply #18 on: Apr 28, 2007 at 04:27 »

And please don't call PSU fans "homers". I root for the mutherfuckin five-time Super Bowl Champeen team that beats people up old-school style. And yes I have Steelers ties and live in the city.

PSU is out in hickville central. They have no affiliation with the Steez and anyone who tries to believe so is a fucking dreamer. Center Co is not the 'Burgh. Get the f serious.

Fuck Penn State.
I didnt mean Steeler fans are PSU homers... just PSU fans who are steelers ALWAYS want to make homer pics...

Like this year with Poz and Hunt.. Like Last year Robinson and so on and so on... PSU fans who are steelers, dont want to listen to any logic, that a PSU might not be the best fit for the Steelers...

from what I seen . if you are arent a PSU fan, than you dont want nothing to do with PP... AND if you are a PSU fan and you want him.. its 100% obvious that you are a homer if you think he is the best option for this team at 1.15....

IMHO the best fit for us right now Is Timmons.. and I think 15 is a bit early for Timmons.. And I think Timmons will be 2 times the player of Poz when its all said and done.
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2007 at 04:28 by VThrilla18 » Logged

VThrilla18

« Reply #19 on: Apr 28, 2007 at 04:40 »

Thanks VT.  I always knew they just made those combine measurements up.  Thanks for clarifying.  Also, thanks for weighing him for us.

If you don't think Poz is a good fit for us at 1.15, sure I agree.  And I think he'll be a good player.

But your reasoning is completely assinine, and you're out of line calling pittman a moron.  As a sidenote, I think its funny you called "pittman" a PSU homer.  Good one.

Back to the point, Poz is bigger than Timmons and Beason.  His Proday 40 time was 4.58, I believe, faster than Beason and Timmons.

And even if one of them ran .01 faster than him, which they didn't, or weighed 5 pounds more than him, which they don't, or were an inch or 2 taller, which they aren't, your completely out of your mind if you think that will make them a better football player.
1. PP was 220lbs at PSU.... if he is now 235-240 its even more obvious why you dont take the guy.. You never seen him play at the weight, and a lot of guys dont play liek they used to when they need to bulk up.

2. he ran a 4.7 when it mattered... 4.5 at his PSU Pro day big whoop.... Plaxico Burress was said to ran a 4.28 at MSU's pro day...  And we all know that didnt happen.

3. everyone keeps calling me out, saying im the one who is crazy.. but yet no one has backed up anything on why he is worth 1.15? What is so special about him? Dont give me this "he is smart" bullshit, or he has a good motor, because being smart dont get you drafted in round 1. Guys like Buster Davis,  Rufus Alexander, David Harris, H.B. Blades.. and a lot more, are smart, hard working, never give up guys... but does that make them first rounders?  No.

Poz isnt bad at any one area... but he isnt very good at any 1 area.. and at 1.15 I dont want a guy who is around AVG at everything.. in the first round you get somebody special... someone who can change the game... Poz might not do anything to lose you games, but 9 times out of 10 he isnt going to make a play to win you the game either....

If we was to get him in round 2.. I wouldnt mind... But at 1.15.. its just insane to think we should take him.... that or biased....

pittman7q
« Reply #20 on: Apr 28, 2007 at 09:01 »

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Apr 28, 2007 at 09:26 »

I didnt mean Steeler fans are PSU homers... just PSU fans who are steelers ALWAYS want to make homer pics...

Like this year with Poz and Hunt.. Like Last year Robinson and so on and so on... PSU fans who are steelers, dont want to listen to any logic, that a PSU might not be the best fit for the Steelers...

Oh ok I get that and you're 100% right that it happens.

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: