Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 18:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adrian Peterson Story: Godsend?  (Read 2406 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Apr 26, 2007 at 07:15 »

Don Banks of SI reports that Peterson reinjured his collarbone against the Boise St. Broncos, which might result in a team like the Browns passing on him in favor of, oh, say, Beardy Quim.  That would be sweet enough in itself, but say AP lasted until 1.11...  Gets drafted by the Bills...  Steelers have marshawn Lynch sitting at 1.15 and phones ringing with offers to trade into our spot...

Cat bird seat.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Hercules50

« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 07:49 »

I thought the same thing -- the RBs could do a tumble. hell, Stephen Jackson fell all the way to what, 24? Could easily happen. I even wonder if, given this injury news....even AP falls to 1.15. This is very unlikely -- don't jump on me, now -- but IF this injury story builds up a bit, perhaps more is learned, AP could fall out of the top 10 and if Buffalo passes on him....

Anway, this brings up the issue of the Browns. My main worries are that they will land either JaMarcus Russell or Calvin Johnson. I hope they end up with Brady Quinn or Joe Thomas, both of whom are going to be busts, joining a long line of guys at their positions picked in the top of the draft who can't hack it in the bigs. Thomas is Robert Gallery the 2nd.  
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 07:53 »

Cleveland drafting the next Rick Mirer, ermm i mean next Joe Montana would be like Manna from Heaven.

Lynch still on the board at 1-14 would be Cat bird seat indeed.  Colbert would be Ma Bell for the next 30 minutes.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 07:54 »

they will land either JaMarcus Russell

my God, that would be even better than the stains drafting quinn.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 08:45 »

Steelers have marshawn Lynch sitting at 1.15 and phones ringing with offers to trade into our spot...

Cat bird seat.
*sigh*

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Hercules50

« Reply #5 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 10:15 »

they will land either JaMarcus Russell

my God, that would be even better than the stains drafting quinn.
Really? Just curious -- why do you think Russell will be a bust?

I think he's going to be a great player -- his athleticism is game-changing.

Quinn, on the other hand, will be a quality backup for some team five years hence.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 11:21 »

Cleveland drafting the next Rick Mirer, ermm i mean next Joe Montana would be like Manna from Heaven.
Funny you mentioned Mirer.  Flipped to 212 to see what was on and the had top 10 draft busts.  As soona s they mentioned Mirer the first thing I thought of was Quinn.  Not just for the Our Lady connection, either.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 11:24 »

With JaMark, I think it depends who takes him.  If the Raiders, there's a bust potential due to everything about that team just being awful.  Same theory with the Browns, though you have to consider he might a) tear a knee up on that crappy field, and then b) get a staph like every other Browneye.

If he goes to the Lions, he might actually have a real nice start, like Vince Young.  Same with the Bucs.  Hard to believe Gruden would bench Miss Chris Simms, but ya never know.

Don't think he falls beyond that.

ajv148

« Reply #8 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 11:40 »

I guess I'm kind of in the minority here.  I think Jamarcus has a higher ceiling than Quinn, but I also think Quinn is the safer pick.  I think Quinn will have a decent-to very good career.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 11:58 »

If he goes to the Lions, he might actually have a real nice start, like Vince Young. Same with the Bucs. Hard to believe Gruden would bench Miss Chris Simms, but ya never know.

Don't think he falls beyond that.

Mike and Mike had a quickie mock this morning based on the Raiders taking Calvin Johnson #1.  Had Joe Thomas going to Detroit, Brownies taking Quinn instead (home state + Crennell/Weiss connection), Tampa going defense with #4.  Arizona obviously won't take a QB, so In their scenario Russell falls at least to #6, where the Dolphins might trade up.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: