Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 20, 2014 at 01:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grubbs at 15?  (Read 1213 times)
Hercules50

« on: Apr 26, 2007 at 13:08 »

Do you guys think Grubbs at 15 would be a letdown?

If 1 thru 14 don't go our way -- if Revis, Hall, Lynch, Carriker, Levi Brown, Branch, all the top DL guys -- if they are all gone AND we can't find a trading partner to move down...what would be best?

A WR? There's a lot of talent there. Jarvis Moss? I think he's risky. Timmons? Even more so. Polszunzy? He's a round 2 prospect, i think.

I really think, in this situation, Grubbs would be the best pick. He'd be a "reach," technically, in that he'd be available later. But so what? He's going to be a quality interior lineman in the NFL and we need one.  
vcuram
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 13:42 »

I like Grubbs a lot.  I don't like him at 15 though.  If we could trade down and get him at 25 or so, I'd be all for it.  It'd also make trading Faneca a little easier, in that we'd have a potentially great replacement.

I've thrown a kettle over a pub before.  What the fuck have you ever done?
steelers4lyfe333

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 13:56 »

Ya i agree...Gurbbs is a good prospect but 15? wow...I agree about the risky picks of Timmons and J Moss..Id love to rade down into like mid 20's.. grab Beason..and go with a guard a little later..There are some really good guards beside Blaylock and Grubbs we could snag later in day 1 than the 1st round
Hercules50

« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 14:16 »

true, but that's my question -- what if we can't trade down. we're at 15. we're stuck. the best options at that spot could be any one of several wrs, a reach at LB like Polszunzy or Spencer or Moss or Timmons, or we take the best OL left on the board.  
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 14:37 »

I wouldn't mind Grubbs...in R2.  IMO, I think that there will be a better pick left at 1.15.

Just break it down by value:

Players you know will be gone

CJ
Russell
Quinn
Adams
Thomas
AP

Players that you can be pretty confident will be gone

Okoye
Willis
Branch
Brown
Landry

Players that may or may not be there

Carriker
Revis
Hall
Lynch
Jammal Anderson

That's 16 guys.  At least two of these guys will be on the board when Pittsburgh picks.  I'd take any of them (Quinn & Russell excepted) over Grubbs at 1.15.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
steelers4lyfe333

« Reply #5 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 15:02 »

Hmmm..I'd lean more toward maybe Aaron Ross or even Beason or Anothony Spencer.. I just cant see a 1st round lineman coming in and pushing for a starting job..Marvel looks like his job is solid.. Faneca will start unless hes traded..either Okobi or Phillips penciled in at center...Mahan and Simmons fighting RG and Starks is set.. So the only way Id go Guard 1st round is if Faneca is gone for sure this year.. Even if he leaves next year slide Mahan to LG and give Simmons his RG..Problem solved with a veteran
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 15:49 »

What that jackass aj law said.  I think there's a real good chance Carriker or Revis might be the guy at 1.15, in fact.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: