Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 22, 2014 at 16:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Book it  (Read 848 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Apr 27, 2007 at 09:19 »

(#1) Raiders = Jamarcus Russell
(#2) Lions = Calvin Johnson
(#3) Browns = Brady Quinn
(#4) Buccaneers = Gaines Adams
(#5) Cardinals = Joe Thomas

Zero.  Trades.

The only pick I really disagree with is the first one.  I think Oakland is crazy for passing on CJ.  The overall effect is minimal though because CJ is the only real bait out there for teams to trade up.  If Oakland wises up and takes Johnson #1, I think Russell goes #2 to the Lions.  I sincerely doubt that happens though.

And yes, I'm well aware of the Lions taking another R1 WR (4 out of last 5 years).  Doesn't matter.  They take the BPA at 1.2 and that's CJ.  All of those teams out there (Atlanta and most notably, Tampa) talking about moving up simply won't do it because it'll be too expensive.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2007 at 09:38 »

Detroit could take CJ, and they should, and then take a QB in the second like Beck. Would be an extremely smart move. One, that Millen really needs to make.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2007 at 09:46 »

I think the Raiders take the more cost effective choice between Russell, Quinn, or Johnson.  IMO.  which may turn out to be Quinn.  

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2007 at 10:04 »

I think the Raiders take the more cost effective choice between Russell, Quinn, or Johnson.  IMO.  which may turn out to be Quinn.
Forgot where I heard/read it, but Davis does not like Quinn.  IIRC, he loves Russell.  Kiffin loves CJ.

Unless Davis stops stealing our oxygen in the next 24 hours, I'm wagering that his decision will win out.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: