Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 22, 2014 at 17:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 55 [56] 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Official 2007 Draft Thread  (Read 26870 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #550 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 16:25 »

Did Palko go anywhere yet?
ESPN still has him on the board.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #551 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 16:27 »

What about Selvin Young from Texas as a UDFA back?

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #552 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 16:44 »

What about Selvin Young from Texas as a UDFA back?
I almost posted the same thing.  But, thinking back, he didn't do much.  Was certainly a downgrade from Cedrick Benson.

But what does it hurt to invite him to camp?

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #553 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 16:49 »

Ramonce Taylor go? Big-time criminal but he was a big contributor for Tex?

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #554 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 17:05 »

Palko as Mr Irrelevant?

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #555 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 17:11 »

Ramonce Taylor go? Big-time criminal but he was a big contributor for Tex?
The sheriff first reported that deputies who were responding to calls about a fight involving as many as 100 people found more than five pounds of marijuana in Taylor's backpack, which would be a second-degree felony punishable by two to 20 years in jail and $10,000 in fines.

Taylor is *not* the pick here.  But I wouldn't mind holding his backpack ...

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
herrmorpheus
Old School Member

« Reply #556 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 17:17 »

Damn, still no Colonials picked in the draft since RB Tim Hall was picked up in the 6th round in 1996 by the Oakland Raiders.

Of course, former Eagles center and current Browns center Hank Fraley was an undrafted free agent, as was QB Tim Levcik and DB Robb Butler.

Robert Morris Colonials Insider:
http://colonialscorner.blogspot.com

Faceoff Factor:
http://www.faceoff-factor.com
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #557 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 17:27 »

Damn, still no Colonials picked in the draft since RB Tim Hall was picked up in the 6th round in 1996 by the Oakland Raiders.

Of course, former Eagles center and current Browns center Hank Fraley was an undrafted free agent, as was QB Tim Levcik and DB Robb Butler.
Dude, are you a student or the marketing director at RM?  Gotta hand it to you though, you got some Colonial Pride.

There may be others, but the only person to play in the NFL from my university was Mark Gastineau, former NYJ sack artist and former hubby of Bridgette Nielsen.  No, that's not much of a claim to fame.  But Red Sonja was hot.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #558 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 17:39 »

Baker's a fine R7 pick.  A guy discussed long ago as a value rounder, very nice size.  

UDFA market is very good this year.

Just looking at RBs, which we drafted zero of: Jackie Battle, Darius Walker, Germaine Race; possibly Tyrone Moss, Danny Ware, Gary Russell (horrible 40 tho), and Alonzo Coleman.

Haven't looked at all the positions, but seems like some good UDFAs might be out there this year.

*Rhema McKnight not drafted???  Same with *Brandon Myles?

Buncha centers.  Fry.  Sendlein.  Stephenson.  *Lucas.  Fenton.  Young.

Some more LBs.  Could bring in ILB and OLB to try out ILB depth: Rory Johnson, Juwan Simpson,  *Earl Everett, KaMichael Hall, Jon Abbate.

I'm sure some damned QB will come here to challenge St. Pea Hirsuteness.  Palko?

Not a lot of CBs left tho.  *Travarous Bain and Anthony Arline might be two.

Duckworth and Jones at OG.  *Stephon Heyer at OT.  And that local kid, forget his name.

Buncha DL guys, some we talked to:  Applewhite, Burchette, Hickman, *Xzavie Jackson, Jason Jack, *Anoia, Patterson.

There are a bunch of FBs for the obligatory practice squad backup to Kreider, my top choice of many possible, *Gijon Robinson, a real interesting small school guy.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
herrmorpheus
Old School Member

« Reply #559 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 17:41 »

Dude, are you a student or the marketing director at RM?  Gotta hand it to you though, you got some Colonial Pride.

There may be others, but the only person to play in the NFL from my university was Mark Gastineau, former NYJ sack artist and former hubby of Bridgette Nielsen.  No, that's not much of a claim to fame.  But Red Sonja was hot.
Just finished my junior year at Robert Morris, majoring in Communications. I'm essentially the sports director for the campus television station, so I've spent almost all of my time broadcasting, interviewing, and just hanging around the football and basketball teams. My average week would start on Wednesday looking in on practice, talking to players afterwards, followed up by a Thursday in-depth player interview, a lengthy sit-down interview with Coach Joe Walton on Friday, and then doing play-by-play at 1pm on Saturday.

So I'm a bit familiar with the players.

And hey, even if it's one player for your alma mater, at least it's Mark Gastineau.  :thumbsup:  

Robert Morris Colonials Insider:
http://colonialscorner.blogspot.com

Faceoff Factor:
http://www.faceoff-factor.com
Pages: 1 ... 55 [56] 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: