Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 03:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 56 [57]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Official 2007 Draft Thread  (Read 27090 times)
jbk72
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #560 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 18:21 »

All in all, not too bad. I still wish they went OG/OT Yanda in round 3 instead of Spaeth, then take a TE in the later rounds. I like the Woodley, Baker and Sepulveda picks a lot. I am ok with Timmons in round one and they got the best rated OLB, which is what the Steelers need. I wouldn't mind Darius Walker as an UDFA.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #561 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 18:24 »

He seems to lack some toughness. Does not like to work the middle of the field. Essentially is a possession receiver outside the hashes. His technique as a blocker is poor and his effort in that area is too inconsistent.

Mr. Baker, I'd like to introduce you to Mr. Ward.  Good luck.
Some of that stuff reminds me of Fergie Gibson.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
jbk72
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #562 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 18:29 »

Nah, I am a Gator Alumni and he is way better than Gibson. He is worth the risk. Maybe I'm just hoping for him to be successful coming from Gainseville, but he made a lot of nice catches and Urban Meyer loves the guy. I think he should do fine.

Hope they sign Dan Mozes.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #563 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 18:39 »

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Mr. Irrelevant 2007 is one Ramzee Robinson.

Not bad.  Not bad at all.  But he's no Syndric Steptoe.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #564 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 18:44 »

Just finished my junior year at Robert Morris, majoring in Communications. I'm essentially the sports director for the campus television station, so I've spent almost all of my time broadcasting, interviewing, and just hanging around the football and basketball teams. My average week would start on Wednesday looking in on practice, talking to players afterwards, followed up by a Thursday in-depth player interview, a lengthy sit-down interview with Coach Joe Walton on Friday, and then doing play-by-play at 1pm on Saturday.

So I'm a bit familiar with the players.

And hey, even if it's one player for your alma mater, at least it's Mark Gastineau.  :thumbsup:
Makes perfect sense.  Having seen many of your posts in the BB forum, it had to be something like that.  

Yeah, Gastineau was no chump, but for the Fighting Tigers of ECU, he's it.  And really, it's amazing a guy from such a backwater school made it to the NFL.  Now *there* was a damn scout, I recon.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
herrmorpheus
Old School Member

« Reply #565 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 18:53 »

Makes perfect sense.  Having seen many of your posts in the BB forum, it had to be something like that.  

Yeah, Gastineau was no chump, but for the Fighting Tigers of ECU, he's it.  And really, it's amazing a guy from such a backwater school made it to the NFL.  Now *there* was a damn scout, I recon.
Gastineau, plus the home of Paul and Lloyd Waner of the Pittsburgh Pirates. That's good enough!

Robert Morris Colonials Insider:
http://colonialscorner.blogspot.com

Faceoff Factor:
http://www.faceoff-factor.com
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #566 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 20:48 »

He is tall, well-built and strong. He has long arms, big hands and good leaping ability. Will flash acrobatic playmaking skills. Is a weapon on the jump ball and in the red zone. He has a knack for coming up with the big catch in the clutch. He has developed outstanding hands and will pluck the ball on the run. He can catch the ball over his head and away from his frame. Shows good fluidity and COD skills for his size. Can make the first defender miss after the catch and he builds speed as he goes. He also has the size and strength to be an effective stalk-blocker if he works at it harder.

So, they think he might be able to keep corn away from the ball?

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
Pages: 1 ... 56 [57]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: