Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 24, 2014 at 08:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Day One Recap  (Read 2430 times)
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 08:55 »

So far, the Steelers seem to be following the "Draft the guys who visited" mantra.  Timmons, Woodley, & Spaeth were all among the 30+ listed visitors to the South Side.  If this carries over to Day 2, expect to hear some of the following names:

Antonio Pittman, RB
Aundrae Allison, WR
Allen Barbre, OT
Brian Robison, LB
Dan Sepulveda, P
Ryan MvBean, DE
Antwan Barnes, DE
Roderick Rogers, FS
Justin Hickman, DE
Dwayne Wright, RB
Marcus Hamilton, CB
Cody Boyd, TE

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 09:12 »

Lawrence Timmons: Whoever said he cant fit into the 3-4 as an OLB doesnt know much about football. Kendrell Bell was only slightly bigger than Timmons and he did pretty well when he wasnt injured.

And Bell played ILB in the 34, which is where I think Timmons fits best.  Don't see how this has anything to do with Timmons and 34 OLB.  

And if the intention or future actualization is that Timmons takes over for an aging Farrior at the buck position, fine.  It's his best fit in the 34.  

So much whining about whining.  So many people complaining about complaining, how can there be any complaining to complain about?

If these guys don't pan out, you can't get 'em right all the time.  

Many of the posts here have said they either didn't expect the Spaeth pick in the 3rd or it wasn't their favorite pick.  You're whining and being negative.  Stop it.  Now.  Everyone.

This just in.....Spaeth is a friend of the 3rd cousin of Dan Graham.  True story.
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2007 at 09:16 by SCacalaki » Logged

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 09:30 »

Anyone complaining
is prob a cock-suckin beotch. Prove otherwise.
It's in the mail.  

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 09:39 »

It's nice that Spaeth was projected to go mid-Round 2 prior to the injury and that he won the Mackey Award.  

At the same time, this can't be what makes him a good pick.  

Tony Hunt was projected to be a mid-2nd rounder.  

Troy Smith won the Heisman.  

So prior projections and college awards don't draw me to Spaeth nor validate the pick v. those players who were still there, as there are quite a few guys who were projected to be chosen earlier in the draft or who won or were nominated for various accolades.  

I've resigned myself to our Day One and hope for a strong finish in Day Two, as does everyone else.  

I don't see how a contrary opinion to the player who was drafted is whining or complaining.  The FO doesn't get it right all the time so I don't see where blind trust is any better than constant complaining.  

steelers4lyfe333

« Reply #14 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 10:51 »

Ya I agree that college awards like the Heisman are total jokes..But I'd buy into the best position awards...Woodley got the best d-lineman award...I just hate questioning a Front Office whos job it is to make this dfraft run..They know need and potential of players more than any of us..So ill agree with them and prepare to see them in black and gold baby
koehla
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #15 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 10:54 »

3. Matt Spaeth- I know what your all thinking...Why the hell get a tight end in the 3rd round??? Drafting him looks like Tuman is on the way out...6'7 270...wow what a monster..Will be a killer in the red zone with Heath.. I actually like this guy alot..Potential early 2nd rounder if he didnt have the shoulder injury...

6'7 270 ??

Maybe we could move him to RB?

Fridge II baby!
steelers4lyfe333

« Reply #16 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 10:56 »

Everyone is talking about not having a "flashy" draft...Can anyone point out a year of the draft you were like " O shit our picks are stacked"...every year we take quiet named guys who go out there and perfrom...Flashy doesnt mean productive
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 10:58 »

Ya I agree that college awards like the Heisman are total jokes..But I'd buy into the best position awards...

Why is one a joke but the other isn't?

give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Apr 29, 2007 at 11:14 »

i just found out my girlfriend works with Matt Spaeth's cousin, does that help? :ph43r:

while i am not blown away by the the Timmons pick, its clear they had him targeted and if they couldnt find any takers to move down, can you blame them for taking their guy, even if it was a little high?  i cant.

love the Woodley pick, would liked to have seen Kalil there (i was kinda hoping we would move back into Rd 2 with our 3rd and our 4th rd comp pick to nab him once he kept falling, but ill take the extra picks), but its definitely a worthwhile pick.  

and being close to the situation here in Minny, i can say Spaeth's pass-catching abilities are being a little overlooked by a few of the posters on this board.  he was the best receiver for the Gophers last year (not saying much, i know, but he was productive in that role).

looking forward to the day 2 picks.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: