Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 18, 2014 at 22:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recap Steelers Draft 07  (Read 7411 times)
Hercules50

« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2007 at 07:41 »

Comments like this remind me why I don't post on the Steelers part of this website very often.  There's no doubt that you all totally know your stuff, probably moreso than any other Steelers board out there.

But the collective groupthink that reverberates through here most of the time makes it difficult to have a serious debate if one feels differently than the majority.  From my observation, the pattern seems to go something like this:

I disagree strongly with this -- though I do find the kind of comment you're reacting to annoying as well. This is a board -- people should argue, disagree, debate -- it's fun!

But even more annoying, to me, are posts like this, where someone who feels like they're on the minority side of an issue play the martyr, and take one person's comment to indict so-called "groupthink" as if everyone -- even those who agree with the point the other side is making -- doesn't want to see questions raised and issues tossed around.

There's no need to play victim here, okay?

I like your posts, by the way. Just ignore those calls for unanimity and consensus, and focus on your arguments.  
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2007 at 07:47 »

Comments like this remind me why I don't post on the Steelers part of this website very often.  There's no doubt that you all totally know your stuff, probably moreso than any other Steelers board out there.

But the collective groupthink that reverberates through here most of the time makes it difficult to have a serious debate if one feels differently than the majority.  From my observation, the pattern seems to go something like this:

I disagree strongly with this -- though I do find the kind of comment you're reacting to annoying as well. This is a board -- people should argue, disagree, debate -- it's fun!

But even more annoying, to me, are posts like this, where someone who feels like they're on the minority side of an issue play the martyr, and take one person's comment to indict so-called "groupthink" as if everyone -- even those who agree with the point the other side is making -- doesn't want to see questions raised and issues tossed around.

There's no need to play victim here, okay?

I like your posts, by the way. Just ignore those calls for unanimity and consensus, and focus on your arguments.
 :sheep1:  :sheep2:  :sheep1:  

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2007 at 11:32 »

Can't we all just agree to get along?

Oops!  Nevermind, ya whiny bishes!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
ajv148

« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2007 at 12:32 »

In all seriousness, I know I'm not the most frequent/venerable poster around here, but I think I speak for the vast majority of people in saying dissenting opinions are not only welcomed, but encouraged.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2007 at 12:50 »

In all seriousness, I know I'm not the most frequent/venerable poster around here, but I think I speak for the vast majority of people in saying dissenting opinions are not only welcomed, but encouraged.
Fall in line buddy! :beatdown:  

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Winters in Holland
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2007 at 16:03 »

Must I fall in line willingly, or can I at least be spanked into submission?

I prefer the option that includes the spanking.

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2007 at 19:37 »

The draft arrived, and the Broncos inquired about moving up in the round to secure their chances at nabbing one of their three targeted players. But what the Broncos found for a little while was a series of dead ends.

"Green Bay had already told me, 'We're not going to trade.' Carolina had told me, 'We're not going to trade,' (although they did eventually work a deal with the New York Jets). Pittsburgh had already told me, 'We're not going to trade.'

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=6782

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2007 at 20:57 »

.WiH.
Whatever it takes :P

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2007 at 21:26 »

.WiH.
I have dispatched a troup of midget hookers.  They're armed with whips, paddles and a 12 of Heiny.  But be careful, they're all left-handed and one might be a cannibal.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007 at 21:27 by jonzr » Logged

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
sysadmin7

« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2007 at 19:42 »

The draft arrived, and the Broncos inquired about moving up in the round to secure their chances at nabbing one of their three targeted players. But what the Broncos found for a little while was a series of dead ends.

"Green Bay had already told me, 'We're not going to trade.' Carolina had told me, 'We're not going to trade,' (although they did eventually work a deal with the New York Jets). Pittsburgh had already told me, 'We're not going to trade.'

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=6782

I would've traded out of that #15 pick in a heart beat. Other than Timmons, I like our draft. We would have ensured more picks, and could have landed someone like Grubbs/Blalock/Houston. Anyways...

I'm not sure where Timmons plays this year. At OLB? I'm all for Woodley/Harrison holding those spots down. I just don't see Timmons playing much of a factor this year. I think Woodley will become the better OLB, and maybe Timmons takes Foote's position on the inside? I don't know if he's suited for that role, but hopefully my gut feeling on him will be wrong. His production at FSU (too me) just doesn't say much about it...and his on the field play just doesn't get me excited. I say Timmons was a wasted pick...and I'll stick too it. I'm anxious too see our new draft picks at camp/pre-season.  
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007 at 19:43 by sysadmin7 » Logged

LINUX = FREEDOM
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: