Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 22, 2014 at 21:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grading Last Year's MGS Draft Comments  (Read 2147 times)
koehla
No longer a N00b!

« on: Apr 30, 2007 at 06:23 »

OK   I didn't actually do this, but it would be great to give posters a grade on the accuracy/insight of their posts from last year's draft.

Anybody game?
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2007 at 07:26 »

I'll be happy to put up some of mine from last year and 2005...I'll continue to edit this post, with comments behind each quoted bit.  

One of the things to keep in mind is that, with the late Day Two guys, it'd be tough for the Steelers to take superb players that were NFL ready as they don't have a great way to protect them. Maybe one makes the final 53...probably Omar Jacobs.

But the TE, OC, and Humes probably wind up on the practice squad. None of those are ready to play. Projects. Guys who will stick on the PS.

I like the Colon pick. Doubt he can really project to RT in the NFL but I'll take a wait and see attitude with him.

Orien Harris could be relegated to the PS. Not sure whose place he would take on the 53. Guess we'll find out.

Philip stuck on the 53, Jacobs never did.  

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2007 at 12:58 »

Here's a critique of a Kiper mock where I had Pittsburgh taking Carpenter or Mangold over the player Mel suggested, Sinorice Moss.

IIRC, I think that was around the first time when I suggested that trading up for Holmes would be a viable option.  I never really strongly suggested it because I never thought he'd slip as far as he did.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2007 at 18:40 »

I don't feel like digging up last year's analysis, but I was pretty vocal about not liking the Holmes and Reid picks.  I was wrong, of course, about Holmes; and I hope I'm wrong about this year's picks of Timmons and Spaeth.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 30, 2007 at 20:08 »

The highlight comment was my suggestion of singing a kid with a 20-year jail sentence. Oh wait that was yesterday.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Apr 30, 2007 at 21:24 »

I'm still dissappointed that Omar Jacobs isn't the 3rd QB right now.

I love the draft and all but generally find a way to love all the picks.  I only get dissappointed when they don't make the team and some scrub hangs on as an STer for the eleventy-tenth year at the expense of one of the young 'uns.

I like Timmons' philosophy:  RHers.  Run and Hit.  Hell, even the punter they drafted can run and hit.  Eff the patsies, the Steelers will kick their asses next year.  That whole division is gwine down to the AFCN.  

You may recall this next year about this time if you like.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007 at 08:26 »

I hadn't called for a first-round WR pick, and didn't like giving up a #2, but was willing to give the FO the benefit of the doubt, considering he was the #rated WR. I then went apeshit when we picked ANOTHER WR in round 3, especially since I had calmed myself down on the first pick with the justification that Holmes could return kicks.

I wondered, why the hell draft another guy JUST to return kicks?  Then I calmed myself down AGAIN, by saying, well, at least we don't have to worry about our return game in 2007. Then, during the season, when they DIDN"T EVEN ACTIVATE REID, and we let  Retardo Cough-ly cough up that return against Cincy? I about blew a vein in my head.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
gahran
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007 at 08:54 »

I hadn't called for a first-round WR pick, and didn't like giving up a #2, but was willing to give the FO the benefit of the doubt, considering he was the #rated WR. I then went apeshit when we picked ANOTHER WR in round 3, especially since I had calmed myself down on the first pick with the justification that Holmes could return kicks.

I wondered, why the hell draft another guy JUST to return kicks?  Then I calmed myself down AGAIN, by saying, well, at least we don't have to worry about our return game in 2007. Then, during the season, when they DIDN"T EVEN ACTIVATE REID, and we let  Retardo Cough-ly cough up that return against Cincy? I about blew a vein in my head.
with that avatar and that post, i'm just gonna nod my head and shut up.
Yes sir.

"Who has two thumbs and likes to **** your mother? DIS GUY!"
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007 at 13:20 »

I am looking through some of the old draft commentary for some of my reactions but I keep getting sidetracked cracking up over HarryAWay bashing, $37 references, midget hookers, 40-times and SMOKESCREEN!s.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007 at 22:59 »

I wondered, why the hell draft another guy JUST to return kicks?  Then I calmed myself down AGAIN, by saying, well, at least we don't have to worry about our return game in 2007. Then, during the season, when they DIDN"T EVEN ACTIVATE REID, and we let  Retardo Cough-ly cough up that return against Cincy? I about blew a vein in my head.
with that avatar and that post, i'm just gonna nod my head and shut up.
Yes sir.
That is the way we like it here at MGS, Stay with the herd.

:sheep1:  :sheep2:  :sheep1:  

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: