Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 22, 2014 at 17:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Young players playing  (Read 1102 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Apr 30, 2007 at 21:34 »

For whatever reason, it seems like Timmons will be more willing to throw new players into the fire and let them learn.  They mention using the first two picks next season.  And while not as starters, it's still to spell starters and to play on STs.

Cowher might sit a 1st rounder for a year.  He might sit a second rounder for two or three.  He loved him some veterans.  He played it safe.

I just get the idea that Tomlin, rather than putting his safest cards on the table, he'll put down his best cards.  I don't think this dude will fuck around.

Watch out for the Stillers next season, NFL.  You're about to get punched in the throat.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
steelers4lyfe333

« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2007 at 21:44 »

Ya I believe Tomlin allowing to use his carda alittle more freely this year could be an upgrade.. Last year though LeBeau did rotate some guys.. Working basically with the D-Line and giving Porter a break once in awhile for Chad Brown.. But ya these 2 new Lbs provide much more flexibility which could lead to fresher legs in the 4th and increased sack numbers..Who knows.. Also their ST play will provide alittle more punch for once..Sucked seeing lil leg tackles on punt/kick returns.. Someone is going to get one hell of a shot in the mouth this year
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2007 at 22:03 »

For whatever reason, it seems like Timmons will be more willing to throw new players into the fire and let them learn.
Does he have a choice?  Not as far as LB or OL is concerned.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2007 at 22:15 »

For whatever reason, it seems like Timmons will be more willing to throw new players into the fire and let them learn.
Does he have a choice?  Not as far as LB or OL is concerned.
Stop it right now with the logic.  It's time to roll on pure emotion.

Choice?  Yes.  I just get the vibe that Coach will be more willing to roll the dice with new guys.  I'm hoping most of these guys make the team.  When Coach Cowher was around, it was damn hard for a rookie to make thet squad, and sometimes, likely to the detriment of the squad.  Sure, there were busts like Scott Shields or that fat 1st round OT cut who couldn't complete the run drills about 10 years ago ...

Ah.

Let me enjoy my enthusiasm for this draft.  Or not.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 30, 2007 at 23:13 »

I agree that Cowher hung on to vets too long, FWIW.

I'm just not sold on our first or third round picks.  I had Timmons graded as a guy for the late first round, and, frankly, I didn't even bother to rank tight ends, as I didn't believe we'd draft one on the first day.

I've been wrong before.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: