Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 24, 2014 at 02:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Experts Draft Grade of This Years Draft  (Read 1028 times)
steelers4lyfe333

« on: Apr 30, 2007 at 19:14 »

Despite the contraversy the fans think about the Steelers draft picks this year, they actually received a pretty high grade by 9 different writers. All 9 gave them a B grade and actually ranked our draft better than the Ravens and the Bengals.. I know others have their opinions but I thought this article was interesting and they make good rationale of picks

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?id=2854030

you guys agree??
jbk72
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2007 at 19:46 »

I would say B or B+ for the Steelers. They adressed their major needs except for Center. I guess they really believe Simmons or Okobi is it for Center. If so, I wish they would have taken a Guard in round three and a blocking TE in round 5. I like almost every pick. The one that is being talked about that I like is Ryan McBean. This guy was rated pretty high and he fits what Tomlin wants.... a guy who can play 3-4 DE and 4-3 DT. Versatility.

Sepulveda was likely one pick we'll notice right away. It will be nice to see a punter clobber a returner rather than dance around hoping he doesn't have to make a tackle. As for Spaeth, he may be a very good player for them, but I wish they would sure up the interior line issues.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2007 at 20:29 »

The guy who gave Carolina a C grade just lost a bit of credibility.  Same for the guy who gave ATL a C+.  

I didn't think much of Baltimore or Cinci's draft.  Figur's in the 3rd?  Guess everyone is looking for next year's Hester.  

Funny thing is, had any writer given us a C grade or worse, we'd hear that you can't grade a draft for at least two years.
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2007 at 20:32 by SCacalaki » Logged

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
steelers4lyfe333

« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2007 at 20:42 »

Funny thing is, had any writer given us a C grade or worse, we'd hear that you can't grade a draft for at least two years.

Why do you say that??
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: