Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 22, 2014 at 22:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haynes VS Kreider  (Read 1821 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Aug 23, 2007 at 16:30 »

Verron Haynes is reportedly battling FB Dan Krieder for the fifth and final spot on Pittsburgh's roster at running back.

The Steelers are expected to keep four tailbacks if Haynes doesn't make it: Willie Parker, Najeh Davenport, Carey Davis, and Gary Russell. Kreider would seem to have a much better shot at sticking because he lead blocks.
Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gaze

I like that Russell and Davis are in the mix. I don't know if Kreider has a better shot at sticking due to lead blocking. How much does BA intend on using one this season? Verron is clearly the better pass pro back, which could come in handy considering how much the OL blows. It would be ideal to keep both, but I would rather see Verron make it. He's cheaper and does more things than Dan. Why can't Spaeth or Heat/Davis block out of the backfield? It would make for some nice play action since the TE should be able to get out of the backfield without being held up at the LOS and work the seams. I don't know. I just hope Davis and especially Russell stick.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: