Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 14, 2014 at 23:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simmons/Haggans talking contract  (Read 770 times)
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« on: Aug 31, 2007 at 00:57 »

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/07243/813693-66.stm

Fantastic if we got Simmons signed (I never thought I'd say that after last year).

Then we'd really only have to worry about shoring up the left side of the line in 08'...

I am personally in the camp that Hags can walk but if the price is right, then I am all for LB depth.

BTW, look who signed Mike Barr  :lol:  
« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2007 at 00:58 by DCSteelers » Logged
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2007 at 05:39 »

Two positives if Simmons is extended....it's probably at far below what the market was running this past spring and it creates less pressure next spring to draft OL from the 1st through 5th rounds.  

The downside is I don't think Simmons is good enough to deserve an extension.  

Haggans should be had for cheap.  He's never stood out to me, but he's made plays here and there.  He doesn't fit well in anything but a 34.  If I were the Steelers, I would wait until the season is over to work something out with Haggans.    

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2007 at 19:51 »

Interesting note in there that BSP could go back on the PS this year.  Might be worth the risk of him getting signed to free up a roster spot.  Many here were calling for his release anyway, but according to this Tomlin wants three QBs.  This would make a good compromise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: