Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 03, 2014 at 02:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bettis has a book coming out?  (Read 3028 times)
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Aug 23, 2007 at 14:36 »

In case the link continues to time out:

Bettis' book full of surprises
Wednesday, August 22, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

[...]
Among the stories told by Bettis is an accusation that former coach Bill Cowher conspired with Steelers management to run quarterback Kordell Stewart out of Pittsburgh because he was due for another big contract after his 2001 Pro Bowl season.

[...]
"For some reason, Coach would never really commit fully to Kordell ... and because of that, we had no consistent leadership from the quarterback position," Bettis wrote"I think they pulled Kordell partly because they didn't want to pay him a big salary and signing bonus. It was cheaper for them if he didn't have success. If he recovered and had a huge year, then the public sentiment would be, 'Hey, you've got to re-sign him for whatever it costs.' I'm telling you, it was a monetary decision. The Steelers had no interest in paying Kordell his market value."

Bettis also notes that Cowher and the Rooneys conspired with Larry Brown prior to Super Bowl XXX, letting him know that if Cowher rubbed his tummy and patted his head just prior to a play it would cue Brown to lurk around in the right flat area to intercept Neil O'Donnell passes.
Dude, that's just preposterous...he wasn't even on that team!

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Aug 23, 2007 at 14:49 »

or was he?...:unsure:

i actually have a Bettis trading card that states he was a key member of the 1995 super bowl.  maybe the fabric of time somehow was stretched to a point where 96 melted into 95 for some unexplained reason.

if i can find it, i will scan a copy to post

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #22 on: Aug 23, 2007 at 15:55 »

or was he?...:unsure:

i actually have a Bettis trading card that states he was a key member of the 1995 super bowl.  maybe the fabric of time somehow was stretched to a point where 96 melted into 95 for some unexplained reason.

if i can find it, i will scan a copy to post
Please find it, I'd love to see that thing.  That reminds me, whatever happened to Bam Bam?  Seems like he got outta the can a few years ago and tried to make a comeback.  Obviously, that didn't work out so well.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: