Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 30, 2014 at 06:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FREE 27 and 83!!!!  (Read 1976 times)
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #10 on: Aug 27, 2007 at 10:39 »

im with ya on this one, vin.  i honestly dont see a point in keeping Tuman on this team.  have never liked him, but we just never had a better option.  Spaeth's gotta be better than him (well he surely cant be worse).
Glad to see I am not the only crazy one :)

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Aug 27, 2007 at 10:45 »

While I think Smith will be(is) a quality player, big hits aside, he is not playing better than Clark right now. Especially against the run. There is a reason Clark is ahead of Smith on the depth chart. I feel that Smith is a little reckless out there, and doesn't quite have the understanding of the Cover 3 that Clark does. Smith is certainly pushing to start and definately will eventually, but I don't think his time has come yet.....As far as the TE's go, we only have 1. Spaeth looks completely lost, and can't block to save his life. We all know the issues with Tuman. Lets hope Heat doesn't get hurt.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Aug 27, 2007 at 11:06 »

I agree re: Clark and Smith.  Smith needs discipline and a few more fundamentals before he can handle starting responsibilities, and Ryan Clark is just a more experienced, more thoughtful, safety right now.  In addition, he seems to have the repsect of his defensive cohorts.  If he's not quite a field general, he's at least a field colonel.  

Smith will start soon, but he's not ready yet, from what I've seen and read this preseason.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Aug 27, 2007 at 11:52 »

Outside the box thinking here, but hear me out.

Why not keep Kreider as a H-back/Third TE? Cut Tuman. I haven't seen much of Spaeth with the games being blacked out, but can he block? Really that is the role Tuman has. We know Kreider can. It frees up room for another RB, and keeps Kreider in the mix. Am I crazy thinking this? Or just crazy in general?
im with ya on this one, vin.  i honestly dont see a point in keeping Tuman on this team.  have never liked him, but we just never had a better option. Spaeth's gotta be better than him (well he surely cant be worse).
Believe it or not, Spaeth is worse at blocking than Tuman.  He can't block worth a shit.

I'm all for the Kreider in lieu of Tuman move.  Better blocker and at least as good, if not better, receiver.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Aug 27, 2007 at 12:12 »

Speaking of Russell, anybody else notice two #41's out there?
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2007 at 12:13 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: