Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 17, 2014 at 00:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madden: AGAIN attacking Bettis  (Read 2530 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Aug 28, 2007 at 11:40 »

But now I've been proven right. Just like always.

Bettis' loyal army of sheep is lined up to take his part. Hines Ward, Alan Faneca and Deshea Townsend are among those justifying Bettis' literary antics via mealy-mouthed sound bites.

If KS2 isn't Mark Madden, he is a close relative.

Almost word for word.
Wow.  Our brush with greatness, and we didn't even know it at the time.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
buccobenny

« Reply #11 on: Aug 28, 2007 at 12:34 »

My take on the whole Bettis book issue.

I love JB... I always have and I always will. He played football with a passion, and he was a great represenitive of the Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh. Even the stuff he's being "slammed for" about the book speak to his true character. He defends Kordell... that makes him what? A good teammate that sticks up for his boys?

All I'm trying to say is that I love and respect Bettis for what he did for the Steelers both on and off the field. He certainly has every single right to , now that he's retired, tell "his side of the story" so to speak. I wish him well, and will continue to support him.

Oh and Mark Madden is a fat idiot.
mrblack66
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #12 on: Aug 28, 2007 at 15:26 »

satellite radio is a wonderful thing

and from what I remember, Madden was just the editor on that Ric Flair book. Good to see that he is still an assface.

I'm not cryin'. It's just been raining... on my face.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Aug 28, 2007 at 18:17 »

You get the feeling Madden must have ben absolutely miserable during the months of January and February of '06, as all his favorite whipping boys (Bettis and Ike Taylor in particular) enjoyed a great deal of success.

He had a heart attack around that time. It aint funny but it is noteworthy. Extra miserable.

I'm not offended by the idea that Bettis is a phoney. I just don't care.

I love JB... I always have and I always will. He played football with a passion, and he was a great represenitive of the Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh.

I agree. Bettis played his ass off for the team that I love. It's the same reason I still would defend Hines Ward against complaint. The off the field attention-seeking stuff doesn't bother me as I'm a grown man with better things to do. Show up, work hard, don't do anything criminal or otherwise embarassing and you're "my fuckin' guy"  (in the exact words of Cowher to Jerome).

Madden was just the editor on that Ric Flair book

You're recalling accurately. Still quite the accomplishment, however, and I refuse to not be impressing by it. A NY Times best-selling book? Who knew that many rasslin' fans could read!??!

My favorite Colin Cowherd line was when he called wrestling fans "a bunch of booger eaters"

I dislike Cowherd for all the reasons Madden dislikes Bettis...except I am not as jealous or obsessive. Everytime I've listened to that Colin cat he's reeked of being a self-promoting, shit-stirring twit.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #14 on: Aug 28, 2007 at 22:06 »

(I'm just assuming it's bad only because sports autobiographies are bad--you only get a "Ball Four" once every decade or so)
Shit, player - you must have missed the critically acclaimed "Bo Knows Bo" (the Bo Jackson story) and equally riveting, "Joe Knows Joe" (the Joe Theisman story).  

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
randylwood

« Reply #15 on: Aug 29, 2007 at 10:38 »

Can anyone explain to me the root of Madden's hatred towards Bettis?

I recall something about Bettis backing out of an interview.

Madden is a moron. He is the pot calling the kettle black. Bettis is promoting a book about his life and opinions. Of course it will be self-serving and provacative. If not no one would read it.

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

- Jack Lambert. HOF induction 1990

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: