Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 22, 2014 at 04:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okobi  (Read 2685 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Aug 29, 2007 at 14:18 »

Cry me a fucking river, Chuck.

Here's a thought, you want a starting spot?  WORK for it, MFer.

I'm tired of all this "he promised me this...promised me that" bullshit.

Maybe if you took the skirt off, laced 'em up and actually HIT somebody, you wouldn't be on the bubble, Nancy-boy.

At this point, I'd cut his ass and see if they can sign Key to a < 1 million per deal.  He just got released by Balty.  2YRS/1.5MIL/500K guaranteed to backup the OGs.  Chuck's cap savings alone oughta cover it.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2007 at 15:00 »

Let him go sit on the bench in Arizona with his buddies Grimm and Whiz. Glad he is a competitor, but goodness, if you end up being the backup, then so be it. Take your $2 million and get over it.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2007 at 15:41 »

Yeah, for once I agree with ya, law.  This attitude of entitlement is for the birds.

Don't know if I care to have Key back: LT is the real sore spot on the line, so if we find a FA it'd be for that.  OG may not be great on either side any more, but Faneca is very good, Simmons is serviceable.  And behind him, Kemo is serviceable.  If you had one guard with Simmons's pulling ability and brains, and Kemo's bull strength, you'd have a dandy guard.  I think Marv Philip working out at LG may indicate he's of more value than Okobi in a dead heat.  

Vin's got his thinking wig on again: I think Grimm/Whiz would pony up something for him.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
padgfrombf

« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2007 at 16:23 »

Agree, Vincent has been nicked up a lot since leaving the 'Burgh and hasn't been able to recreate his road grading mauler style in Baltimore.  Toward the end of his starting days, he was also getting walked up pretty regularly in pass pro, something that even the local Baltimore talking heads were noting.  Unless somebody goes down, Key doesn't add anything to the Steelers 2007 unit.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Aug 29, 2007 at 16:25 »

Boo hoo..The 5 best guys start. And apparently you aren't one of the top 5. Maybe you can cry yourself to sleep holding your 2 million dollars....I would like to see him stay for this season, as Sean might get hurt or have to fill in at guard. Faneca is the next best LT on the team and if Marvel goes down Mahan might have to play LG...Note to Chuky: I'm glad you want to start. Really I am. But instead of bitching and whining and crying like a little girl and expecting to start just because you were a career back up for some coaches who are no longer around, maybe you should quit yer yapping, buckle down, and actually PROVE you are the best center on the field, in meetings, and in the weight room.
OhioU_Stlrs_Fan

« Reply #5 on: Aug 29, 2007 at 16:43 »

i wish someone would give me 10mil. to sit on the bench, shit id be the happiest person ever! i would even congratulate the starter for beating me out but hey maybe he doesnt like the splinters?

I Heart The Steelers.

Movie On Repeat (1) - Death Race
Movie On Repeat (2) -Max Payne None
Song On Repeat (1)- Jay Z - Brooklyn We Go Hard
Song On Repeat (2)-Here We Go, Duh its Playoff Time!
Book i cant put down -Dean Koontz - Shadowfires
blurjose
N00b

« Reply #6 on: Aug 29, 2007 at 16:46 »

Hey steelerfaninCO,

Is that a David Brent avatar?  
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Aug 29, 2007 at 17:02 »

Is Chukky still selling his jerseys on his MySpace page?

Might need to bump up his prices.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Aug 29, 2007 at 17:52 »

I like Okobi's comments.  

Sure, he's making $2M to possibly sit on the bench this year.  I'm glad he isn't content with just that.  He wants to be a starter, he wants to contribute.  

Now, it may be that Okobi doesn't have the skills to start, here or elsewhere.  But that attitude is right IMO.

The article is titled "Steelers Okobi will be mad if he doesn't start" and says within the first few paragraphs "That's why he will be so disappointed - no, make that angry - if he isn't."  Am I missing where that actually fits in to anything Okobi is quoted as saying?

He says he's worked hard this off-season, he feels he's playing well when healthy, he isn't sure what the new coaching staff thinks of him, and that if he's cut here, he is sure he'll play somewhere else.  

Doesn't seem awful to me.

If the Steelers can trade him, great.  Probably won't happen.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Aug 29, 2007 at 17:56 »

As I mentioned earlier, sounds like the comments from a guy who knows he is on the bubble.  What he says is fine and projects a good competitive attitude, but the timing I'm sure is not coincidental.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: