Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 29, 2014 at 04:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What time will cuts be posted?  (Read 3018 times)
hadishon

« on: Sep 01, 2007 at 11:49 »

I know I saw a time when cuts have to be made by but I can't find it.  I think it was 1pm?

When do you think they'll get posted?
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2007 at 12:29 »

Four PM eastern.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
hadishon

« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2007 at 15:20 »

It's now 4:20 Eastern... I wonder how much longer until the steelers post the cuts on their website or a news agency posts it.
hadishon

« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2007 at 15:48 »

Okobi, Haynes among those cut by Steelers

Cuts: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07244/814091-100.stm

Walter Young was also cut.

BSP and Reid make the team
« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2007 at 15:51 by hadishon » Logged
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 01, 2007 at 15:54 »

It's ashame Capizzi didn't stick as a development/inactive guy.  Understand the thinking that Essex has starting experience in the NFL.  But it's a short-sighted approach.  

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 01, 2007 at 15:55 »

I am surprised by the Okobi cut, really.   I thought he'd be needed for depth.

Young too, I thought he was solid.  
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 01, 2007 at 15:58 »

Though, it looks like they protected Stapleton, which is good.  

Really hate to see Haynes gone.  Best pass pro guy we have/had.  

While one-dimensional, Kreider is a good choice for 2007.  Probably not beyond.

So Philip's injury isn't bad?  At first, thought that I'd keep Philip on IR and dump Okobi later.  But I'm sure Okobi falls into the tenured vet category that guarantees his sal after Week 1.  

Heavy on LBs.  Didn't know that was necessary (to keep A. Harrison AND Goo both) considering Timmons and Woodley.  

Don't think it was necessary to keep BSP.  He isn't going to be a sought after commodity by other teams and would have been on the PS here or played in Canada.  

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
hadishon

« Reply #7 on: Sep 01, 2007 at 16:16 »

What are the odds of Okobi signing with the AZ?

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Sep 01, 2007 at 16:39 »

That's EXACTLY how I figured it would play out.

I'd have kept Verron over Carey Davis. I realize I am in the minority, though. Didn't expect it.  Also I'm sure the Steez and Norwig and Bradley have a much better reading on how healthy Haynes is these days.

Philip is supposedly fine. If we had IR'd Philip he'd have been done for the year. By rule. So Okobi's vested status wouldn't have come into play there. Gotta have two C's mininum. It sucks for Chukwun, and I know he was Ben's favorite there, but if he's healthy he'll catch on elsewhere.

If Walter Young ever signs here again I'd be shocked. It's not workin' out, man!

Kreider deserved to make it and I correctly didn't buy into the hype of being on the bubble. Apparently. I'd use him in all of our goalline sets. The tricky, versatile 3-TE shit be damned. SEND IT IN DAMMIT!!1!

I haven't seen anything from Colclough considering he's a traded-up-for second-round pick. All the abuse Zo Jackson took being drafted third-to-last that one year and unable to make a transition from DL to 3-4 OLB and Coot seems immune. I also would have kept him (since Jovon Johnson and Madison will always seem to be around and Colclough would have ended up starting at RCB for New England or something) but he's gotta show something big this year, dammit.

Did we go heavy on LBs? I think we've always done that, no? Four LBs have to start. Woodley and Timmons will dress every game. Kriewaldt is there for depth/special teams. And you'd have to figure Wallace/A. Harrison will battle it out to see who dresses on the gameday 45. Slight edge to Goo since he's more of an ILB.

St. P was tragically bad this preseason IMO. We've lost all that flexibility that helped us to keep two QBs when Randle El left. You can't have just two QBs active. I agree that when you get down to the third guy you're screwed most times (there is a reason they designate them the "emergency" QB) anyway but if Ben and Batch both went down in the first half of a game with serious injuries I'd want at least a chance of winning with a QB that at the very least knows the playbook. I'd be busting my ass on the waiver wire though. We can't find a better #3? Palko get cut yet?

Capizzi? Tough luck there, kid. He seems like a decent enough worker and his size should get him another look. Hopefully elsewhere, though.

Essex has had some rocky moments but I refuse to beat him up because he couldn't beat out Marvel. Smith's one of the better guys in the league IMO. Essex started a few games for us in our title season, didn't do great, but as a rookie I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He seems to be an ok backup to me. I trust him a lot more than I have his competition the past few years. Burr,

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 01, 2007 at 16:53 »

Meant PUP instead of IR for Philip

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: