Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 00:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What time will cuts be posted?  (Read 3266 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Sep 02, 2007 at 01:08 »

I am a little surprised that both Okobi and Phillips went. Same with Wallace. I think we haven't seen the last of Verron. Willie Reid sure is lucky. He better prove that they were right to keep him. WTF is Pea hair still around for? Cut his ass and resign Verron.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Sep 02, 2007 at 09:17 »

I really don't understand why we kept Pee Hare.  

Under Cowher, cutting Iwuoma would be a big deal.  Under Tomlin, and with more starters playing ST's, doesn't seem as big a deal.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Sep 02, 2007 at 09:35 »

Anyone else puzzled we now have only one C?  Does the FO have eyes on someone else's cut?
Is Stapleton considered an OC (believe he was in college) or OG?

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Sep 02, 2007 at 09:37 »

Did we go heavy on LBs? I think we've always done that, no? Four LBs have to start. Woodley and Timmons will dress every game. Kriewaldt is there for depth/special teams. And you'd have to figure Wallace/A. Harrison will battle it out to see who dresses on the gameday 45. Slight edge to Goo since he's more of an ILB.

I would have gone with Goo or A. Harrison, not both.  So "heavy" was referring to keeping both.  Maybe we've had that # of LBs every year.  Just thought with Timmons and Wood, as well as starters on STs, that it might make sense to use a roster spot elsewhere.

Edit:  Though this is all for nothing as I just read back a few posts to see that Goo is gone.

« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2007 at 09:39 by SCacalaki » Logged

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: