Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 22, 2014 at 19:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rossum  (Read 1448 times)
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« on: Sep 09, 2007 at 15:57 »

Sorry to offend you who hated this move: But Thank God for Rossum.  

I watched the return game without a knot in my stomach for the first time since 05'.

I honestly feel his expirience and sure-hand will win us an extra two games over if we had Reid back there.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2007 at 17:40 »

I think eventually Reid takes over as KR/PR.

But for now, Rossum looks great.  Well worth the trade.  Always liked him, was glad we did this despite my man love of Reid.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
STILLERS7
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2007 at 18:16 »

Unless Rossum gets hurt, I think he will be the punt returner all year.  There were guys flying all around him and he didn't bobble any punts, and he also didn't call for the fair catch as soon as the ball left the punters foot.  He looked very confident out there.  I can see putting Reid in on kickoffs as the season progresses, because if you bobble a kickoff it is not nearly as disastrous as if you bobble a punt.  If I am wrong, Oh well, wouldn't be the first time.

Jerry Seinfeld: [On the space shuttle and the moon] What the hell were they doin' with a car on the god damn moon? You're on the moon already! Isn't that far enough?  
buccobenny

« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2007 at 18:50 »

Sorry to offend you who hated this move: But Thank God for Rossum.  

I watched the return game without a knot in my stomach for the first time since 05'.

I honestly feel his expirience and sure-hand will win us an extra two games over if we had Reid back there.
I could not agree more... I never once went into "panic mode" during a punt. Keep Reid de-activaded and let Rossum field every kick.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2007 at 19:26 »

i was out of panic mode the moment the browns committed 4 penalties on one play and some no name punter shanked his punt.  after that point, i didnt care if we had a blind guy shagging punts.

but Rossum did ok...and by OK, I mean he didnt fumble

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2007 at 19:59 »

As the op said, I was glad I didn't have to worry about every single change of possession.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
padgfrombf

« Reply #6 on: Sep 09, 2007 at 23:37 »

Rossum also made a pretty nifty play on a punt that he fielded on the 10.  Caught the punt cleanly and, rather than just sprint laterally and hoped for a ST breakdown/miracle, he deked the Browns' gunner cleanly and went straight up the field for 8-9 quick yards.  Professional move.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 08:07 »

He caught the football, didn't bobble it, didn't give it to the other team on our 10 yard line.  Therefore, I am happy.

Anything else is icing on the cake.  IMO, it's worth it to get a guy who can hold the ball.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 08:52 »

He caught the football, didn't bobble it, didn't give it to the other team on our 10 yard line.  Therefore, I am happy.

Anything else is icing on the cake.  IMO, it's worth it to get a guy who can hold the ball.
Absolutely it is, and to echo padg, it's also evident his decision making is very good.  He's a veteran and plays like it.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
vcuram
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 11:55 »

I just looked over the Rossum thread and didn't see anyone here that hated it.  I thought that we could have gotten someone that could have contributed as more than just a punt returner, but I was very pleased to have someone that could catch the ball.

I've thrown a kettle over a pub before.  What the fuck have you ever done?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: