Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 25, 2014 at 20:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next weeks game  (Read 2480 times)
Jason15215
N00b

« on: Sep 10, 2007 at 06:57 »

Well Buffalo lost a heartbreaker to hopefully a good Broncos team. The D was bend but dont break but was stuck on the field for 34 minutes so eventually they were gonna give up some points. The D suffered major losses personnel wise. S Ko Simpson out with a knee, LB/S Coy Wire out, CB Jason Webster out broken arm, Also out before the game was DE Ryan Denney broken foot and LB Keith Ellison ankle sprain. Sadly the biggest injury was to TE Keith Everett (keep him in your prayers) spinal cord injury/incomplete paralysis from the neck down. His 3rd and 4th vertebrae were removed last night.

Well Marshawn Lynch played like an animal all game and will be a force to be reckoned with all year. The WR's were non existent because JP never threw the damn ball all game. Hopefully it was because of Denvers awesome secondary. The special teams were the MVP for the Bills. Roscoe Parrish scored on a 74 yd PR, and Mcgee had a 48 yd KOR.

My prediction is the Steelers will blitz all game next week. Either Jp has to take chances throwing the ball or break contain and run or it will be a looooooong ass game. Im not worried about the special teams at all. It has been Buffalo's bread and butter the past 3 years. The OL looked good. Jason Peters is a monster who was destroying Broncos all game. He is huge and fast (former TE).

It was rumored that Buff will go 4 WR alot next week (Price, Evans, Reed, Parish) to spread the Pitt D out a bit. I like our top 4 WR but we could have Jerry Rice, Lance Allworth, Don Hutson and Marvin Harrison and it wouldnt matter if JP doesnt throw to them when they r open.

The D is to banged up to make a huge impact. Its week 2 and almost 50% of our starters are out already.
Jason15215
N00b

« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 07:06 »

Also Posluszny is a freakin animal. Was all over the field
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 07:39 »

That's a tidal wave of injuries.   Really a shame about Everett, you hate to see that unless the guy's a Patriot or Raven... But seriously, we'll hope the guy can walk again.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Bills spread it next week, but I like our DB depth, so depending on how LeBeau schemes it, that might not be the best tactic.  We'll see.

Steelers played an utterly laughable Browns team, and have no real idea of how good they are.  Some things that needed work, though:  converting 3rd downs was a big problem, receivers and RBs dropping passes was pretty bad, and the left side of the OL is susceptible to speed rushers.

I think without the Bills' injuries, the Steelers would have won 23-13, with them I'll say 30-13.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 08:16 »

Im not worried about the special teams at all. It has been Buffalo's bread and butter the past 3 years.

Special teams are very important.  But if it's your "bread and butter," you're in trouble.

Sad to hear about the injuries, especially to Everett.  Who knows, but it looked like something from which he will recover, as in it didn't appear to be a worst case scenario kind of hit.  Also heard this morning that the Denver trainer some him move a little, so that gives some hope.

Steelers played an utterly laughable Browns team, and have no real idea of how good they are.

I thought that our defense was fairly "vanilla" against a really bad team.  I suspect that we'll see more stuff as the season goes on--at least, I hope we do.  Honestly, I don't think it will be much different this week against Buffalo, because I don't think they're very good.  It's a shame, cause I've always kind of wanted to see them do well.

Sorry, Jason, but with all those injuries, I see a 34-13 Steelers win.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Hercules50

« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 08:28 »

The Bills can definitely give the Steelers trouble -- far more trouble than did the Browns.

But I'd say this: I don't think the spread works on us like it used to. I think teams used it on us so often back in '02/'03 that we worked really hard to counter it. Plus that puts a lot of pressure on your QB to not screw up, and all it would take would be a couple or three bad reads that lead to picks.

I think the strategy that works better on us is max protection with a patient approach to the passing game, especially on 1st downs. Then draw plays on 2nd- and 3rd-down. Teams that move it on us tend to use this sort of formula.

I don't think the Bills or any team can run on us consistently out of the gate. If Lynch gets yards, it'll be because the Bills' passing game makes us concede the run a bit.

the Bills' defense is impressive and they'll give our O a very hard time.  
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 08:51 »

The Bills can definitely give the Steelers trouble -- far more trouble than did the Browns.

The bills are not going to resemble a preseason squad that commits countless mistakes such as that joke of a franchise in cleveland.  They have a better O line, Better defense, and doesnt look like an over all cluster when they have the ball in general.

A win will not be given to us in this one.   it will have to be done the old fashioned way and earn it.  

im just glad its at home...if on the road..unno?

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
TwistedLemon

« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 08:59 »

While I do believe the Bills are a step in the right direction over the stains, I think we should be ok.
Lynch, a good showing for game one by a rookie, is facing an entirely different matter in the Steel D.  He will learn soon enough that you DO NOT HAVE SUCCESS RUNNING AGAINST PITT.

I expect Losman and Evans (or one of the WR's) to hook up for a long one, but I dont expect it to make a difference.

KR is a strong point for Buffalo, but Sepulveda looked very un-rookie like in his first showing.  Who did Reed steel the leg from?  I dont know If I have ever seen him place so many kickoffs in the end zone......a great way to neutralize the ST play.

A banged up D in Buffalo could make for a big day for FWP, not to mention aid Ben in further erasing last years numbers.  Good start with a 4-0 TD-INT ratio.  Our receivers are good, but too many drops to early in the season.  I think Santonio has been hanging out with Ward.....did you see the hit he laid?  Left nothing but a stain on the field.  Ben appeared to have incredible touch on the ball most of the game, especially the TD's to Ward and Holmes.

At the bar I was at someone commented on a lack of WR height could hurt the Steeler Redzone passing offense.  A 6'5 Miller and 6'7 Spaeth stopped that talk.

Again, I look for a more impressive showing from Buffalo than Cleveland gave, after all, Appalachain St. could give them a run, but expect the result to be the same, another Pitt win.

Steelers 37     Buffalo 20

"My reality check bounced"
Hercules50

« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 09:03 »

Let's not forget that they actually threw the ball to Heath.

This offense can be SICK if the O-Line can just get it going a little bit.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 09:04 »

I thought that our defense was fairly "vanilla" against a really bad team. I suspect that we'll see more stuff as the season goes on--at least, I hope we do. Honestly, I don't think it will be much different this week against Buffalo, because I don't think they're very good. It's a shame, cause I've always kind of wanted to see them do well.

The Celeveland game felt like a preseason effort.  You knew exactly when **** stopped calling his A list plays (the possession in the 2nd quarter that ended in  fumble), and I'm glad he did.  Why give the Pasties an extra half of game tape to study?

I thought Ryan Clark played one hell of a game yeseterday, all things considered.  He was persistently around the ball as well as used in blitz packages, got a sack, I think.  Also, Sepulveda had four punts inside the 20.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 09:10 »

The first quarter and a half I was worried our new spread offense with BA was going to be nothing more than screen passes.  Under Cowher we didn't run them enough, and yesterday was too much.  I'm not saying we have to bomb it 40 yards down the field every time, but how about some 10 yard patterns?

I think the jury is still out on Denver, but they did gain about 400 yards against Buffalo.  Hopefully it will be another positive building block for the Steelers.

Jason - glad you posted.  It is a friendly bunch here, except for later in the season, and when we are losing!!!!!

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: