Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 29, 2014 at 04:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next weeks game  (Read 2488 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 09:14 »

Yesterday did have a preseason feel to it, which is why I think BA was "working on" screens.  I thought he playcalled very well overall.

Wow, Bills' O stats were miserable yesterday.  

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 09:15 »

I agree with the screens...what was up with that? Ran about 20 of them, and most of them didn't work.

Marshawn Lynch looked really, really good yesterday. He won't look that good against us, though.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 09:30 »

Our 3rd down efficiency did get better, somewhat.  At one time 1 for 5 (20%?!?), wound up around 42%.  So, we clearly needed a game to work out a few offensive issues.

Lynch did have a great day yesterday, but the Steelers don't like people who try running on them.  Some weeks you do well, others not, Marshawn.  That's life in the NFL.

Bills O stats:

Buffalo Bills (0-1-0) 
TOTAL FIRST DOWNS 13
By Rushing 7
By Passing 5
By Penalty 1
THIRD DOWN EFFICIENCY 4/13 - 30%
FOURTH DOWN EFFICIENCY 2/2  - 100%
TOTAL NET YARDS 184
Total Rushing/Passing Plays (includes Sacks) 47
Average Gain per Offensive Play 3.9
NET YARDS RUSHING 112
Total Rushing Plays 26
Average Gain per Rushing Play 4.3
Tackled for a Loss (Number-Yards) 0-0
NET YARDS PASSING 47
Times Sacked (Number-Yards) 2 - 25
Gross Yards Passing 72
PASS COMP-ATT-INT 14 - 21 - 1
Average Gain per Passing Play (includes Sacks) 1.0
KICKOFFS (Number-In End Zone-Touchbacks) 3 - 3 - 0
PUNTS (Number-Average) 6 - 43.7
Blocked 0
Net Punting Average 42.0
FGs BLOCKED - PATs BLOCKED 0 - 0
TOTAL RETURN YARDAGE (excludes Kickoffs) 124
Punt Returns (Number-Yards) 2 - 88
Kickoff Returns (Number-Yards) 4 - 112
Interception Returns (Number-Yards) 1 - 36
PENALTIES (Number-Yards) 5 - 40
FUMBLES (Number-Lost) 1 - 0
TOUCHDOWNS 2
Rushing 1
Passing 0
Interceptions 0
Kickoff Returns 0
EXTRA POINTS (Made-Attempted) 2 - 2
Kicking (Made-Attempted) 2 - 2
Two Point Conversions (Made-Attempted) 0 - 0
FIELD GOALS (Made-Attempted) 0 - 1
RED ZONE EFFICIENCY 0/1 - 0%
GOAL TO GO EFFICIENCY 0/0 - 0%
SAFETIES 0
FINAL SCORE 14 
TIME OF POSSESSION 26:48

Yes, Lynch was the sole bright spot.

Losman was miserable.  Good Denver secondary, but that good?  Really?  How do you average a yard per passing play net, under two gross?

JerseySteeler

« Reply #13 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 18:37 »

Our 3rd down efficiency did get better, somewhat.  At one time 1 for 5 (20%?!?), wound up around 42%.
I swear at one point we were 1 of 8 third down conversion wise.  At least the announcers said so but we all know they couldn't get names or positions right so maybe I shouldn't trust it.  We hit a bunch on runs later I remember though.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #14 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 20:29 »

Man, if all Losman could do against that Denver D is 97 yards ... can't say I'm too worried.

Plus, I think the Steelers O' is far ahead of the Bills' unit.

Gimme 24-9, Steelers.

Lynch is punished and Losman turns it over twice.  Bring on the 49ers, there is much pain to be dealt before the so-called tougher part of the shedule starts.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Sep 11, 2007 at 09:31 »

Really tragic for that TE, most likely paralyzed.

Have to think these Bills won't have their heads in the game too much.

Hercules50

« Reply #16 on: Sep 11, 2007 at 09:45 »

At this point, I'm hoping he lives, and can retain the mental and develop the physical ability to have the best possible life from a wheelchair. His biggest challenge is going to be learning to accept what's happened and make the best of what he has.

I know that people all across the country suffer these kinds of injuries in car accidents and such on a regular basis, but you can't help feel awful for this kid and really pull for him - I wish him all the best care and support.  
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Sep 11, 2007 at 10:08 »

In cases like this, does the team or league ensure he is well taken care of for life?
Hercules50

« Reply #18 on: Sep 11, 2007 at 10:16 »

In cases like this, does the team or league ensure he is well taken care of for life?
Interesting question. I'd have to think there are NFL lifetime disability benefits along with whatever insurance he has, plus possibly some kind of state and federal benefits may apply, too.

I wonder if NFL players are able to purchase insurance policies protecting themselves from career-ending injuries. I could see, though, how insurance providers would be really wary about providing such insurance. Or its so expensive that a player would not want it.

Finally, it will depend on how hurt he is. People who can't work because of injuries or illness receive some kind of federal social security benefit, I believe.
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2007 at 10:17 by Hercules50 » Logged
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Sep 11, 2007 at 10:22 »

I wonder if NFL players are able to purchase insurance policies protecting themselves from career-ending injuries.

I feel sure that they are.  I remember hearing that Leinart, Peyton Manning, etc. took out policies before returning to school for an extra year.  I feel sure that pro players are allowed to do such; in fact, I think that Jason Williams had such a policy prior to his motorcycle accident.

Also, I doubt that the NFL, considering the publicity of late, is going to shortchange this guy.  At least I would hope not.

Honestly, I am shocked that this is so bad.  It just looked like a routine hit.  His head was down a little, but not so much that it would appear to cause a life-threatening injury.  Very sad, and I pray that he survives this and is able to recover to some degree.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: