Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 21, 2014 at 04:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: love this quote by ben  (Read 1954 times)
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Sep 10, 2007 at 10:00 »

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap?game_i...=2007&week=REG1

ben on tomlin:

"You can see the excitement in his eyes," Roethlisberger said. "He really doesn't get rah-rah. As a player you like that. He's calm. You don't have to worry about getting yelled at or spit on or getting stuff thrown at you."

getting spit on.  classic.  i think we're all over cowher and yesterday was a great way to prove it.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 10:33 »

Yeah, I noticed that too.  Hard not to see the implication.

I watched the game at the bar, so I didn't get to hear any of Cowher on the pregame.  Did he say anything that made sense?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
TwistedLemon

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 10:36 »

Think I even saw Tomlin give a player a hug.

I dont think it was Gay, but it was someone.

"My reality check bounced"
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 10:54 »

Yeah, I noticed that too.  Hard not to see the implication.

I watched the game at the bar, so I didn't get to hear any of Cowher on the pregame.  Did he say anything that made sense?
Cowher was not very flashy in his debut as an in studio commentator. He just kind of gave his slant on things. He is (so far) not nearly as animated as somebody like Mike Ditka.  He took some good spirited ribbing from Dan and Boomer;  Dan had a face shield labeled "spit shield," since he was sitting next to him.

When asked "Who will be the most successful new coach in 2007?" he first quantified the criteria. He said, if you based it solely on improvement of win total, he would pick Lane Kiffin, because he only has to improve on 2 wins from last season. If based on total wins, he would pick Norv Turner, because he inherited the most talent. So, I don't think that was too controversial.

He also said his sleeper pick of the year was the Vikings, because they have a great run defense, a strong running attack (good line play, and Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson), and an athletic young QB in Tavarus Jackson, who, he said, reminds him of a young Kordell.  He pointed out it reminded him of his late '90's Steelers team. He emphasized that he really likes Jackson.

I agree with him about Minnesota possibly being a surprise this year, but I don't think it has much to do with their QB.  And god forbid he turns out like Kordell.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
jasonic

« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 11:10 »

sorry pensod, i didn't hear him either.  i was sitting next to you waiting for pitchers all day...

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 11:13 »

sorry pensod, i didn't hear him either.  i was sitting next to you waiting for pitchers all day...
I gave her twenty bucks, hopefully she'll know better next time.

The rest of the afternoon was eventful, as well.  Freddy's recaptured the blue bra, with penso going a very drunken 1 for 3 in limited action.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jasonic

« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 11:32 »

at least you got some exercise, unlike me who was so drunk i was actually getting along with a chubby dallas fan, i was so giddy with our win....

can someone hook me up so i can put up a pic with my name already??

DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 11:36 »

Its amazing the degree of "Quietness" surrounding the Steelers and Tomlin debut this year.  Everything I have heard national media wise revolved around San Diego, New England, Cincy, Balty, and Indy.

I think its great for the team to fly under the radar like this to start out the season.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 12:03 »

at least you got some exercise, unlike me who was so drunk i was actually getting along with a chubby dallas fan, i was so giddy with our win....

You don't mean that one chick who kept getting booed for wearing a cowboys jersey, do you?  Ugh.

As for the picture... it's done in  your control panel, in the avatar options.  You might have to edit the picture down, there's a size limit.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 12:15 »

You don't mean that one chick who kept getting booed for wearing a cowboys jersey, do you?  Ugh.

As for the picture... it's done in  your control panel, in the avatar options.  You might have to edit the picture down, there's a size limit.
Unlike the avatar, it sounds like jasonic doesn't have size limits.

:biggerthecushion:

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: