Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 21, 2014 at 11:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: love this quote by ben  (Read 1715 times)
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #10 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 12:44 »

thanks, got it.

it wasn't that annoying biotch.  she's lucky we didn't hit her in the face with our mozzarella puffs....

my size limit is 90 KB, regardless of team loyalty

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
buccobenny

« Reply #11 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 14:03 »

I know this thread has spirialed into other directions...

But back to the original post. This is something (maybe the only thing) that has bothered me about this board. I don't get all the negitive "Cowher Backlash" that has been going on. I love Cowher... he's my guy and probably always will be. He did great things while he was here, won alot of ballgames, and oh yeah don't forget SB XL.

I find that bashing him on this board is puzzling, and very out of touch with the way most Steeler fans feel about him. He gave us 15 real good years... if he decides that he wants to go a diffrent direction in his life, more power to him.

The only thing I can see that would "hurt" his reputation as far as I'm concerned would be if he takes the Browns job next year. Again... that is certainly his right to do so, but I personally will feel "hurt" in some stupid way if he does. That being said I don't see that happening. Cowher will be able to choose his pick of openeings... and you can't tell me the Giants or maybe even the Redskins aren't in better shape than Cleveland at this point.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 14:14 »

I can't speak for everyone here, but I think alot of it has to do with the fact he essentially ruined any chances at a repeat with what could be fairly termed an indifferent job of coaching last season.

We spent some time yesterday trying to recall his best games coaching, and I think I'd have to say the '06 playoff game versus the Colts, followed by SB XXX, and then maybe the Denver game from the XL run.

There's still some love, it's just mitigated by the hemming and hawing that cost us last season.  Of course Ben is to blame for part of that too, but Ben's still around and improving.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #13 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 14:22 »

i didn't think it was a cowher bashing, i just liked how ben actually referenced spitting....

i agree with you that i was on board with him all through the years but think I'm still a little pissed about how he obviously wasn't into it last year and it just added to the troubles we faced with ben's injuries, leading us to a mediocre season.  he should have quit right after the super bowl win, but then of course, it's all relative and possibly we wouldn't have tomlin now if that would've happened, which i'm thankful for so far.  anyway...

my favorite tomlin moment so far is when he ran out onto the field for the first preseason game and my friend, who is a diehard bengals fan, goes, "shit!  i'm scared of that motherfucker."

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 14:45 »

Cowher was not very flashy in his debut as an in studio commentator.

ummmm hello, not flashy?  Am i the only one to notice his new chompers...he reminded me of Matt Dylon from 'something about mary'

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: