Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 25, 2014 at 23:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ike's delay of game  (Read 1121 times)
oblongatta
Old School Member

« on: Sep 11, 2007 at 15:02 »

I didn't see it discussed in the game thread but might have missed it...

what was up with the penalty on Ike for delay of game?  He didn't sike the ball, and it sure looked to me like he just threw the ball towards the spot he was tackled.

sure seems a bit fo a stretch to call that a delay of game.

Hercules50

« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2007 at 15:19 »

yeah, that was crazy. maybe the refs felt sorry for the browns?
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2007 at 16:22 »

He tossed the shit out of the ball.  It by no means was flipped towards the spot...Probably just overly excited, but he definitely threw the ball with some force.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
Hercules50

« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2007 at 07:54 »

He tossed the shit out of the ball.  It by no means was flipped towards the spot...Probably just overly excited, but he definitely threw the ball with some force.
Is that the rule? Interesting. I thought he just flipped it casually backwards, pretty nonchalantly. I think it's a ridiculous rule -- unless the guy spikes it, or throws a hail mary into the stands from the middle of the field, I don't think there ought to be a penalty.

(I'm not disagreeing that that's the rule -- I'm just amazed!)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2007 at 09:10 »

By the way, was watching some of the NYG-Cowgirls game repeated on NFLN last night.  TO gets a TD, hurrah, then does a little volleyball serve of the football to a spot about 10 yards away, a little underhand serve that wasn't really taunting or anything, but... WTF... gonna call it on Ike but not TO?  TO's was much more pronounced, IMO.

Guess there's different rules for the SUPAHSTAHHHHZZZZ...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2007 at 09:26 »

By the way, was watching some of the NYG-Cowgirls game repeated on NFLN last night.  TO gets a TD, hurrah, then does a little volleyball serve of the football to a spot about 10 yards away, a little underhand serve that wasn't really taunting or anything, but... WTF... gonna call it on Ike but not TO?  TO's was much more pronounced, IMO.

you can do that crap in the EZ after a score...its when your in the middle of the field and spike the ball that you are called for delay of game.  

you know because there wasnt going to be a commercial at the possession change or anything in Ike's instance. :rolleyes:

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 2007 at 09:44 »

By the way, was watching some of the NYG-Cowgirls game repeated on NFLN last night.  TO gets a TD, hurrah, then does a little volleyball serve of the football to a spot about 10 yards away, a little underhand serve that wasn't really taunting or anything, but... WTF... gonna call it on Ike but not TO?  TO's was much more pronounced, IMO.

you can do that crap in the EZ after a score...its when your in the middle of the field and spike the ball that you are called for delay of game.  

you know because there wasnt going to be a commercial at the possession change or anything in Ike's instance. :rolleyes:
I misunderstood the new rule, then.  Thanks.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: