Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 17:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just don't get Bettis to set the menu  (Read 1389 times)
Hercules50

« Reply #10 on: Sep 19, 2007 at 23:40 »

True, 44 got his against Ds spread out & worn down.  But I saw that kind of running from him last year... well, never.

Anyone else thinking that the Ward hit on Holly was retribution?  IIRC, Winslow not too much before that leveled someone... forget who... not necessarily dirty, but just getting a lick in.  My thought at the time was that Ward was the enforcer on the field, saying You can't do that shit to our boys...
Yeah, seriously, I love Hines Ward.

How many wideouts can you name that intimidate DBs?

As Tony Kornheiser might say, "Hines Ward, end of list."

The guy contributes to our passing and running game in ways that stats can't count. How many times has he rung a DBs bell? Seems like almost every game. That means the opponent has to put a sub in, at least for a while, or the guy who got dinged plays foggy-headed. Has an impact, I tell ya.

(He did it, most notably, in the Super Bowl, when he fuckin' ran over their FS, who was already a backup, on that reverse.)
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2007 at 23:41 by Hercules50 » Logged
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 09:03 »

Anyone else thinking that the Ward hit on Holly was retribution?  IIRC, Winslow not too much before that leveled someone... forget who... not necessarily dirty, but just getting a lick in.  My thought at the time was that Ward was the enforcer on the field, saying You can't do that shit to our boys...
I think Kelly Winslow popped Clark during a play.  Can't remember if it was before or after that hit though.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 09:37 »

Anyone else thinking that the Ward hit on Holly was retribution?  IIRC, Winslow not too much before that leveled someone... forget who... not necessarily dirty, but just getting a lick in.  My thought at the time was that Ward was the enforcer on the field, saying You can't do that shit to our boys...
I think Kelly Winslow popped Clark during a play.  Can't remember if it was before or after that hit though.
That was it.  Clark was a bit dazed but came right back.  And yes, it was before the Ward hit on Holly, because my thought at the time was "sweeeeet retribution."

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #13 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 10:52 »

Anyone else thinking that the Ward hit on Holly was retribution?  IIRC, Winslow not too much before that leveled someone... forget who... not necessarily dirty, but just getting a lick in.  My thought at the time was that Ward was the enforcer on the field, saying You can't do that shit to our boys...
If you can go back to last season, you may remember Winslow doing the same, exact fucking thing to Farrior that Hines did to the dude this season.  

It was definitely payback, and rightfully so.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: