Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Mar 05, 2015 at 14:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shady for Kiko?  (Read 1179 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Yesterday at 08:27 »

Shady had an "off" year, in which he rushed for 42 fewer yards than Bell; Shady is only 26, is a versatile weapon; etc.

Kiko is coming off an ACL, and good as he is, I can't see him having the overall impact McCoy would have. 

Seems to me this is about Kelly getting rid of guys who feel his system rubs them the wrong way.  (See also DeSean Jackson.)  Shades of pre-SB Tom Coughlin?

Is there more to this than meets the eye?  Does McCoy have some degenerative hip problem?  Why are the talking heads on the 212 saying the Eagles pulled such a great deal?  Seems like they should have gotten a draft pick with Kiko. 

Not often do you see a high profile player-for-player trade, and this one's especially odd to me.  Or is it all really about the cap numbers?  Do the Eagles think they have a plug-and-play replacement, or can find one in the draft or FA?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 11:22 »

Not sure.  RBs are a tough position to figure.  It's great having a bell cow like Bell, but you can't tie up a ton of money at that position.  It will handcuff you cap wise.  I think that's where Philly went with that move.  Sold high.

It's where Pittsburgh will be in about 5 years with Bell.  He'll ride out his rookie deal (hopefully he doesn't hold out for one sooner...) and will sign a big second contract that will be backloaded.  About three years in (probably around the same time Ben hangs em up or maybe a year later), they're going to have to decide if they want to have a RB that counts 8 digits towards the cap.  He'll be 27, 28 years old.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: