Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 23, 2014 at 19:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unbridled Optimism  (Read 1603 times)
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #10 on: Sep 18, 2007 at 11:17 »

San Fran is DFL in total offense.  Smith has a 69 passer rating, to Ben's 101.  

Their D is... middle of the road, statistically.  They've gotten lucky, twice.

The only way we lose is if we turn the ball over around 15 times.
I hope that is the case (the win not the 15TO's.)  I am just a pessimist and I always have been so I look for the pessimistic rationale.

I'll work on it.

PUMA
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #11 on: Sep 18, 2007 at 12:04 »

you sound more postive already....

AZ is the team that scares me in the opening stretch.  they have a way of winning odd games, especially at home.  on the same note, they also have a way of losing in the most unbelievable ways as well (chicago on monday night - blowing a 23 point lead when chicago didn't score ONE POINT on offense)

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #12 on: Sep 18, 2007 at 12:07 »

although, i do remember the game in '95 (maybe '96) where we beat AZ in overtime after they missed a game winning field goal.  Bettis rumbled in with a 10 yard TD for the win.  I remember because I was one of 75% Steeler fans at their home in old Sun Devil stadium.  Although we won, it shouldn't even have been close, they were terrible....

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: