Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 21:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LeBeau  (Read 3388 times)
Hercules50

« Reply #20 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 12:16 »

jburghfan, I REALLY feel you should put a "IMO" on your comment:

It's not my opinion....It's Donovan's....

By Donovan, do you mean McNabb?? I didn't agree with his statement either. I do agree with what I heard Marino say recently... "It's all about winning and losing"
Look at the last CB to be accepted into the Hall.... ROGER WEHRLI (I believe he's white)

We're all missing the point.

By Donovan, he was clearly talking about this guy:

vcuram
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #21 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 12:23 »

Mellow Yellow?

I've thrown a kettle over a pub before.  What the fuck have you ever done?
Hercules50

« Reply #22 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 12:40 »

Mellow Yellow?
In "Mellow Yellow," Donovan was just trying to address the issue of race, in song.

It's really too bad that James Brown, the godfather of soul himself, would bait such a thoughtful artist into this controversial media firestorm.

Such is my understanding, anyway.
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2007 at 12:40 by Hercules50 » Logged
TwistedLemon

« Reply #23 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 14:05 »

I can not believe that people would actually be sarcastic in a space as serious as this.

"My reality check bounced"
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #24 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 14:30 »

There is a lot of dry humor on this board, so I should warn you not to take any offense to what Otismalibu posts.
Might want to stay away from any links he posts as well.

:weightliftermakesyouv omit:
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2007 at 14:31 by vinman3 » Logged

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
jburghfan

« Reply #25 on: Sep 27, 2007 at 09:48 »

Just to remove all implied sarcasm, Chris, and to make sure everyone is calling a spade "a spade". Jburgh said what he did as sarcasm/humor as a take off (actually it was exactly) on McNabb's statement.

What jburgh said sounded ridiculous, just as it did when McNabb said it, which is why it was funny

Thanks for 'splaining that for me BV.....I was going to do it myself, but you know what they say about a joke if you have to explain it.......

It was intended to show how ridiculous McNabb's statement was, and also what a travesty it is that **** is not in the HOF....I wasn't trying to offend anyone (except Scac...Which is my main purpose of visiting this board)....

You can joke about alot of things in this crazy PC world.....But don't ever say anything about race.....Change a few words in McNabb's original statement, and people start calling you out.....

But, I knew it would happen, that's why I posted it.....Much like someone editing out a non-PC correct word from a direct quote taken from the movie Pulp Fiction....

chrisj211
« Reply #26 on: Sep 27, 2007 at 10:49 »

but you know what they say about a joke if you have to explain it.......

Then maybe it's not really funny.

I won't even touch on your Pulp Fiction comment.
chrisj211
« Reply #27 on: Sep 27, 2007 at 10:58 »

But don't get me wrong... no harm no foul. I'm not bitter or taking this somewhere it shouldn't go.... my comment was strictly "IMO"

Good day all.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Sep 27, 2007 at 11:30 »

Is the white CB gone for good?  
 Mark Kriegel
FOXSports.com, Updated 3 hours ago   STORY TOOLS:                        

A week removed from Donovan McNabb's remarks about black quarterbacks, the nation prepares for another weekend of pro football, a game segregated by position.

For the sake of argument, consider the rule, and not the exception. Kickers and punters are white. Running backs (excluding the "throwback" blocking types) are black. Receivers are mostly black. Quarterbacks, as McNabb noted, remain predominantly white.
Still, a single black quarterback would be one more than the number of starting white cornerbacks.

"I may have been the last," says Jason Sehorn, who retired four years ago.

The last ever, he means. Sehorn, whose nickname among the Giants was "Species," now wonders if white cornerbacks are themselves extinct.

"Like the dinosaur," he says.

Then again, if in fact the white cornerback is a dead species, it wouldn't bother Sehorn too much. It is not, at least in his mind, a civil rights question.

"Being the last doesn't mean anything," he says. "It's not like being the first. It's not like I was a pioneer."

Sehorn, now an analyst for FOX Sports Net, considers black quarterbacks like James Harris and Doug Williams among the game's pioneers. He's more ambivalent on the subject of McNabb, who recently told HBO's James Brown that black quarterbacks "have to do a little extra" and that their white counterparts "don't get criticized as much as we do."

"As a journalist," says Sehorn, "the first thing I thought was, 'It's not the color of your skin. It's the city you play in.'"

Philadelphia, where it is brotherly to loathe, has the most notorious fans in America. Long before booing McNabb, they booed Santa Claus and Mike Schmidt. Sehorn

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
jburghfan

« Reply #29 on: Sep 27, 2007 at 11:38 »

"Some people are like sheep," he says.

Jason Sehorn=KS2???

Let me explain that, Chris....You see, back in the day,.....Eh.....Fuck it.....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: