Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 01:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just curious...  (Read 1788 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Sep 24, 2007 at 08:18 »

Do you think Douchette gave his approval for this article???

What a stupid trade!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 09:15 »

That was the first thing I said after he broke loose.  "Will this shut the 'bad trade' folks up?"  My wife then asked why I talked to myself so much.

PUMA
mrblack66
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 10:36 »

Bouchette should do a full retraction of that article.

the search is over. Sit down Reid, Sit down Santonio, Ced, etc. Rossum is the man.

I'm not cryin'. It's just been raining... on my face.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 11:47 »

the search is over. Sit down Reid, Sit down Santonio, Ced, etc. Rossum is the man.
This seems to have made a huge difference in field position this year, kickoffs and Punts.  Although yesterday he didn't do jack after the TD.  

9ers seemed to have ridiculous coverage on the 65 yard punts to where Rossum wasn't getting much of a chance to even make 1 move.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
mrblack66

« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 12:00 »

This seems to have made a huge difference in field position this year, kickoffs and Punts.  Although yesterday he didn't do jack after the TD.  

9ers seemed to have ridiculous coverage on the 65 yard punts to where Rossum wasn't getting much of a chance to even make 1 move.
the 9er punter was their MVP yesterday. Rossum had to backtrack almost 10-15 yards on every kick. 57 yard avg!! AR really didnt get much room at all. one of the things I like about Rossum is the comfort you have that he will field every kick without the worry of a drop or mental error. He will break several more before years end.

I'm not cryin'. It's just been raining... on my face.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 12:04 »

He will break several more before years end.

Like I said when we got him, I don't care how many he runs back as long as he doesn't start dropping them on the ground.

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 12:05 »

One more thing about Rossum--I'm pretty sure he was a nickel/dime DB for Atlanta.  Didn't I see him lined up on the offense once yesterday?

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 12:42 »

Good thing they kept Reid over Young.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jcharding

« Reply #8 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 13:38 »

I must admit that I was against the trade.  We invested a 3rd round pick in Reid, and last year's injury means that he remains little more than a rookie.  In a salary cap league, your draft picks must develop for a team to remain competitive/good.  It really bugs me that Reid has as of yet never gotten much of a chance in a regular season game.  Right now we still have a 3rd round pick that remains a complete mystery, and cutting essentially a rookie 3rd rounder seems to be even more foolish.

Now maybe Reid's injury has permamently taken away much of the burst and quickness he had at FSU.  If so, then his fate is sealed.  However, if we never give him a chance (assuming health), then that is IMHO bad team management.  

I don't need no stinking avatar!
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 14:15 »

I'm on record as saying Reid will prove to be a bust, so his status doesn't factor into my analysis of the Rossum trade.

"Doing something" on a punt return means so much more than return yards, and what we see from Rossum is not only big play potential, but solid decision making and handling on punts.  He's a "piece" guy, the kind that can improve a playoff team into a serious title contender.  Will he be the team MVP?  No.  Will he win us a game this year?  With his combined special teams contributions, I'd say yes.  Let's not forget that he made the tackle on a kickoff subsequent to his return (maybe not the next one, but the one after?) too.  Solid football player.  

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: