Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 11:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red-Zone Offense  (Read 1157 times)
childers_86
N00b

« Reply #10 on: Oct 01, 2007 at 23:42 »

i have been wondering something for a while with willie as our running back. whenever we have the ball on the goal line like we did in the arizona game, why don't we ever send willie over the top of the pile. maybe it will work, maybe it won't but i would like to see it once at least. just once.  
Winters in Holland
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #11 on: Oct 02, 2007 at 10:07 »

Is it possible that Tomlin has focused this team on, when appropriate, making a priority of not turning the ball over in scoring range?

I think if this was true, they wouldn't have called that ill-advised pass play down at the 3 yard line during the Cardinals' game, when the score was tied 7-7.

I was screaming for a draw play, because even if you don't convert it, you're still guaranteed of 3 down there.

And with the type of game that it was, 10-7 could've easily won it.

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: