Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 01, 2014 at 19:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More of that great ESPN analysis  (Read 1890 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 26, 2007 at 18:21 »

This rampant penis proposes the following to "cure" the Steelers:

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 18:36 »

Don't be ridiculous.  It's all about how many men you have behind the helmet.  Eight in the box, who gives a shit?  Get behind the helmet.  If they put 11 men behind the helmet then what can anyone be expected to do?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 21:04 »

yea, that's the reason Willie P is good, because of Hines Ward.  Of course they don't mention anything about our less than average O-line and the fact that besides that, he still has multiple 100 yard games in a row.  And that we just run the ball.  and run and run.   Also, I'm not complaining having santonio and ced as our other wideouts.  I know they're not Moss but F-off....at least he didn't mention ben's "managing" of the game as a problem....

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 21:09 »

HIGHNZ WORD IS THE PRICK HEREE!!!!!!!!!111111111

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2007 at 00:40 »

Thats unbelievable, I guess they don't watch the games do they?  
TwistedLemon

« Reply #5 on: Sep 27, 2007 at 08:31 »

Let them all keep talking s#!*.  Let us keep making them eat it.

To hear it told, without Ward we have nothing on the O-side.  The loss of Porter results in nothing on the D-side.

It is a wonder we are not 0-3, I mean look at all the points we fail to score and all the points we have given up.

Our QB has done nothing in his career.  We are so desperate at RB that we start an undrafted player

We must be horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate it when "analizethis'"   :flipoff:     are right

"My reality check bounced"
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2007 at 08:50 »

That's just laughable.

If Ward was catching all the passes, then we'd hear about how Ben was using him as a crutch and stared him down to throw him the ball.  We aren't using the TEs that we drafted and Ben can't find anyone else because he lacks field vision.

True, I'd like to see Hines Ward getting the football more since I still believe he is our toughest and most reliable receiver.  But, I actually think Heat, FWP, and Holmes are more DANGEROUS to a defense right now.

Adding insult to injury, last week I heard a radio "analyst" say that the Steelers were a playoff team MAYBE, but not a serious contender because they had lost leaders like Jerome Bettis and Joey Porter, and Hines Ward just wasn't one of "those kinds of guys."

Uh, Bettis left LAST year.

The most absent part of Joey Porter's leadership is bulletin board material for the other team and two personal fouls a game.

What else does Hines Ward have to do to be one of "those guys?"
« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2007 at 08:52 by Preacherman0 » Logged

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
pensteel
N00b

« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2007 at 09:04 »

If you read the article, they had a diagnosis and treatment for all 32 teams in the league (including the Pats and Colts).

They had to find something else to diagnose? Can you think of any other problems this team has shown so far?
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2007 at 09:19 »

They had to find something else to diagnose? Can you think of any other problems this team has shown so far?

Yes, better play from the offensive line.  Big numbers aside, they are clearly not what we would want them to be.

Why invent a problem when one can simply look and see the obvious?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2007 at 09:20 »

If you read the article, they had a diagnosis and treatment for all 32 teams in the league (including the Pats and Colts).

I read the article, it sucked.

You know, when you go for a checkup, sometimes the doctor says, "You're fine, just keep doing what you're doing."

Besides, there are bigger problems with this team than a true #2 wr.  The play of the OL, particularly in pass protect.  Kickoff coverage.  The slow start of Timmons.  Any of which might have been better fodder than the BS above.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: