Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 21, 2014 at 18:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ward absence  (Read 1681 times)
dcity21

« Reply #10 on: Oct 03, 2007 at 12:06 »

I can't believe that Tomlin gave them the "ok" in today's press conference. I loved everything else he said but to be satisfied with that is absurd.
Could be a case of dishing out public criticism to those who can take it, and maybe handling a tender (and sensitive, in the person of Ellen Faneca) unit with care.  I'm sure he had lots to say to the OL in the film room.

:tenderunit:
Yup, i think that absolutely hit the nail right on the head..

Those guys know if they let Ben down and it doesn't really need to be put in the headlines..

Unfortunately this is just something we'll have to deal with this year.. the line is not a top notch unit and will struggle but i actually think TOmlin not mentioning it was a very good thing.. i mean that is if he does actually realize that it is a bit a of a problem that needs some work on the practice field and in the film room..  

"i don't know Nutting about baseball.. but i know about Nutting over making some cash.." Ownership ROCKS!!!
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Oct 05, 2007 at 12:21 »

Steelers' Ward, McFadden won't play Sunday
Friday, October 05, 2007
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers will be without Pro Bowl receiver Hines Ward and cornerback Bryant McFadden for Sunday's 1 p.m. game against the Seattle Seahawks at Heinz Field, Coach Mike Tomlin said today.

It the second game in a row Ward will miss with a sprained knee. He has not practiced since sustaining the injury Sept. 23 against San Francisco.

Tomlin said he will list safety Troy Polamalu (rib cartilage) and nose tackle Casey Hampton (hamstring) as questionable, even though neither player practiced this week and are not expected to play.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07278/823181-66.stm

DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Oct 05, 2007 at 12:24 »

Well, into the Bye 3-2 we go....  
Hercules50

« Reply #13 on: Oct 05, 2007 at 12:24 »

Steelers' Ward, McFadden won't play Sunday
Friday, October 05, 2007
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers will be without Pro Bowl receiver Hines Ward and cornerback Bryant McFadden for Sunday's 1 p.m. game against the Seattle Seahawks at Heinz Field, Coach Mike Tomlin said today.

It the second game in a row Ward will miss with a sprained knee. He has not practiced since sustaining the injury Sept. 23 against San Francisco.

Tomlin said he will list safety Troy Polamalu (rib cartilage) and nose tackle Casey Hampton (hamstring) as questionable, even though neither player practiced this week and are not expected to play.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07278/823181-66.stm

Not good news. I don't like our chances in this game with Hampton out, never mind Troy and Ward. I think we're gonna lose a close one.

Hope the rest of the division loses, we don't get anyone else hurt, and these guys heal up with the bye.  
mzimmerman81
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Oct 05, 2007 at 15:28 »

3-2 into the bye and playoffs slip away, we needed to be 4-1 at the bye, but they decided to take a week off last week.

I am always doom and gloom, but this isn't good.

2007 MGS Bracket Challenge Winner
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Oct 05, 2007 at 16:40 »

3-2 into the bye and playoffs slip away
i wouldnt go that far.  the afc North is a freakin train wreck after pittsburgh.  the bengals are imploding, the ratbirds are the emulating the 2006 steelers, and the browns are actually winning games they are suppose to lose.  best afc conference my ass.

win or lose, we will still be sitting ok.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: