Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 15:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whew, All A OK on the injury front  (Read 1313 times)
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« on: Oct 02, 2007 at 13:03 »

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/07275/822273-100.stm

Hampton Spaeth, and Troy Probabable.

Hines questionable day-to day.

McFadden out possibly 4 weeks.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2007 at 14:00 »

Yuck.  The dreaded "high ankle sprain?"  That could be 4 weeks to the rest of the season.  Good to hear about the rest of the crew though.  Gay should do a decent job in McFadden's place.  Hopefully, Bryant will be back by Week 8 (Cincy) or Week 9 (Baltimore).

The Steelers play the Seahawks at 1 p.m. Sunday at Heinz Field in a Super Bowl XL rematch.

Pittsburgh played Seattle in the SB??  Hadn't heard.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 02, 2007 at 14:07 »

The Steelers play the Seahawks at 1 p.m. Sunday at Heinz Field in a Super Bowl XL rematch.

Pittsburgh played Seattle in the SB??  Hadn't heard.
It's a "rematch"?  Does that mean we get the refs "on our side" again?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Winters in Holland
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 02, 2007 at 14:19 »

If Gay does well, he could be one of the better 6th round picks we've had in a while, unless I'm missing someone.

And, if Baker makes the team this year or next off of the practice squad (I always liked him), that could be some very nice production out of the back end of Tomlin's first draft.

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
oblongatta
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 02, 2007 at 18:03 »

I'm not happy aboput McFadden being out especially considering that DeShea has been a bit banged up this year.  Gay though has been impressive so maybe the drop won't be as big.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2007 at 07:50 »

Nothing against Gay, but I don't like any scenario that keeps Bryant McFadden off the field.  High ankle sprain = not good.  Kendrell Bell is still recovering from that injury in 2002.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
TucsonSteeler

« Reply #6 on: Oct 05, 2007 at 19:53 »

Wow what a difference a few days makes!  Now we are out four of our starters.

From PG:  "The Steelers will be without Pro Bowl receiver Hines Ward and cornerback Bryant McFadden for Sunday's 1 p.m. game against the Seattle Seahawks at Heinz Field, Coach Mike Tomlin said today.

It the second game in a row Ward will miss with a sprained knee. He has not practiced since sustaining the injury Sept. 23 against San Francisco.

Tomlin said he will list safety Troy Polamalu (rib cartilage) and nose tackle Casey Hampton (hamstring) as questionable, even though neither player practiced this week and are not expected to play."

vcuram
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: Oct 06, 2007 at 00:07 »

Ugh.  If Troy, Snack, and McFadden are all out on D, we're gonna have some problems.  If Snack is out, we'll probably see more of the two DL looks like we showed last week.  I think we could do some interesting things from that formation.

As for McFadden, I think he's played well this year.  In fact, all of our CBs have looked decent.  Hopefully they'll hold up against some better QBs as well.

I've thrown a kettle over a pub before.  What the fuck have you ever done?
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Oct 06, 2007 at 19:12 »

I think Gay for McFadden will be OK, at least short term.  High ankler concerns me, a la Bell of yore.  Will need McFadden down the stretch.

Sans Ward, the Craptastic Duo (80, 85) have gotten more reps and can hopefully acquit themselves.  

The losses on D are huge.  By necessity, we'll see more of Eason and Kirschke and Hoke.  Hoke had that good fill in for Snack some years ago, but I don't know if it's relevant now.  The Eason and Kirschke packages have, IMO, looked weak.  Bottom line, without Hamp, we will give up rushing yards, simple as that.  I have no good suggestions.  98 is one of a kind.

So is Troy, but I think you can be creative as DC in his absence, if brief.  Insert Carter at SS, and do a LOT of switching around with Smith in the dime.  If they go multi and line the receivers close to the box, safety blitz, corner blitz.  If the spread wide, stunt the ILBs on a one Mississippi blitz.

And, ya know, this might actually be a FUN game for LeBeau to try out the rookies more, since no one has any film on them.  Turn em loose to run on instincts.  

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Oct 06, 2007 at 20:47 »

Hoke had that good fill in for Snack some years ago, but I don't know if it's relevant now.  The Eason and Kirschke packages have, IMO, looked weak.  Bottom line, without Hamp, we will give up rushing yards, simple as that.  I have no good suggestions.  98 is one of a
yeah, Hoke has not impressed me as of late. Losing Snack really hurts, especially since Spencer is a smaller center and would be totally dominated by Casey. He would command a double team all game....losing Troy is obviuosly not good. Although Townsend, Taylor, Clark, and Smith isn't all that bad with Carter, Gay, and Coke also available.

KTBFFH
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: