Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 09:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whew, All A OK on the injury front  (Read 1302 times)
mzimmerman81
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Oct 07, 2007 at 10:02 »

We'll be lucky to lose by less than 10 without those guys.  This sucks

2007 MGS Bracket Challenge Winner
dcity21

« Reply #11 on: Oct 07, 2007 at 11:24 »

for those of you who aren't exactly Pirate board frequents don't read too much into zimm's entirely pessimistic approach sports, life, and well it seems like anything..

after years and years of losing and lying he has caught what i like to call the "Drag" virus..

It's a nasty, nasty thing.. it completely devours ppl, in particular devout Pirate fans..

and i fear the only cure may be the Pirates winning..

ut ohh!!!

"i don't know Nutting about baseball.. but i know about Nutting over making some cash.." Ownership ROCKS!!!
padgfrombf

« Reply #12 on: Oct 08, 2007 at 10:21 »

...Bottom line, without Hamp, we will give up rushing yards, simple as that.  I have no good suggestions.  98 is one of a kind.

...And, ya know, this might actually be a FUN game for LeBeau to try out the rookies more, since no one has any film on them.  Turn em loose to run on instincts.
Agreed with you yesterday, Finny, I thought Seattle could get 400 yards offense yesterday, but didn't mind being dead wrong.

Also as you note, fun game plan and execution.  I would have liked to have seen the end zone view of this game to see what LeBeau had out there as a scheme.  Whatever that was, it had Holmgren and Hasselbeck flummoxed.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Oct 08, 2007 at 10:38 »

When it became known that Holmes was out, it might have been overheard in my house that the Steelers had no chance. But wow, I was happily wrong about that one. People stepped it up. Keisel and Smith totally stepped up the DL play without Snacks. Clark and Smith, and even that POS Carter stepped up for Troy. Ike and Deshea played great as well. We finally saw something out of #80, right when we needed it. And when BR plays lights out like that, the Steelers are pretty hard to beat.

KTBFFH
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Oct 08, 2007 at 17:06 »

...Bottom line, without Hamp, we will give up rushing yards, simple as that.  I have no good suggestions.  98 is one of a kind.

...And, ya know, this might actually be a FUN game for LeBeau to try out the rookies more, since no one has any film on them.  Turn em loose to run on instincts.
Agreed with you yesterday, Finny, I thought Seattle could get 400 yards offense yesterday, but didn't mind being dead wrong.

Also as you note, fun game plan and execution.  I would have liked to have seen the end zone view of this game to see what LeBeau had out there as a scheme.  Whatever that was, it had Holmgren and Hasselbeck flummoxed.
I don't mind being dead wrong, either.  Alexander looked like a soggy puppy, and Hasselbeck looked like Charlie Frye.

Hoke did fine, but I think the real difference was a coverage scheme approach by LeBeau.

I thought Gay, in what I saw of him, was super.  Ike had a great game.  

Looks like a good approach to rest the injured, now.  Damn, I really am surprised at both the Cards and Seahawks game outcomes.  Figured we might lose one game before the bye, but, hey, I can live with this.  Embarassing Holmgren is more satisfying than whupping Whiz.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: