Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 25, 2014 at 06:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ben and the running game  (Read 424 times)
TucsonSteeler

« on: Oct 05, 2007 at 10:03 »

I watched HBO's Inside the NFL highlights last night and in particular the Dallas game and the Oakland game.  Not sure if you saw any of these two games but the QB's won the games with their feet.  Given Culpepper's knee issue I am not sure who would win the 40 yard dash contest, Ben, Romeo or Culpepper but Ben would not be far behind either of them, my guess is he would win.  My point is Ben is a big/mobile guy.  I feel that a few QB draws, aka Elway, or even a bootleg would help open some of the passing lanes as well as add another dimension to this offense.  When we had the ball on the four if we would have come out in a spread formation, faked to WP, pump to Miller and let Ben run up the middle.

I just feel that Dallas and Oakland did a good job of letting their QBs run and I have not seen Ben take advantage of his running skills.

Let me know your thoughts and I will organize a letter campaign to Tomlin.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2007 at 10:39 »

When we had the ball on the four if we would have come out in a spread formation, faked to WP, pump to Miller and let Ben run up the middle.

I just feel that Dallas and Oakland did a good job of letting their QBs run and I have not seen Ben take advantage of his running skills.

Let me know your thoughts and I will organize a letter campaign to Tomlin.
I was looking for a PA bootleg, myself.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: