Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 22, 2014 at 20:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: James Farrior  (Read 921 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Oct 08, 2007 at 12:20 »

I know that he only has two sacks, but I've seen James Farrior blitzing from the outside a number of times this season, and he seems to get great pressure on the QB.  I believe he had both sacks yesterday.  Don't know who decided to do that more often, but it looks like Farrior is making the most of the opportunity.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
ajv148

« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2007 at 15:01 »

Agreed, he has looked good at that so far.  One of his sacks yesterday was a Joey Porter sack (totally unblocked).  Still a nice idea to mix things up a bit though.  Still looking forward to seeing what the rooks can do in some regular season action also.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2007 at 17:18 »

The one sack was pretty chumpy: he slipped, Hasselbitch slipped, Farrior tapped him down.  Wow, big points.  But ya know, good hustle to be in the position to get it.  

Overall, tho', point taken: Farrior is looking energetic this year, not slowing down.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
JerseySteeler

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2007 at 17:32 »

The one sack was pretty chumpy: he slipped, Hasselbitch slipped, Farrior tapped him down.  Wow, big points.  But ya know, good hustle to be in the position to get it.  

Overall, tho', point taken: Farrior is looking energetic this year, not slowing down.
I know a head on a pillow doesn't have much occasion to slip on anything, but cut the guy a break man :poke:  
jcharding
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2007 at 11:57 »

It may be no more than it is his turn again this year - i.e. Lebeau has rotated back to preferring inside LB blitzes this year.  

Don't forget, Farrior was DPOY runner-up two (or was it three?) years ago.  

I don't need no stinking avatar!
buccobenny

« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 2007 at 12:35 »

It may be no more than it is his turn again this year - i.e. Lebeau has rotated back to preferring inside LB blitzes this year.  

Don't forget, Farrior was DPOY runner-up two (or was it three?) years ago.
And he would have won it that year if Ed Reed didn't have an absolutely ridiculous season. 51 is just a real solid football player. Period. If he is asked to blitz, he usually ends up somewhere around the QB. If he drops into coverage he is usually right around where he should be. And he might be the best one- on- one open field tackler on the team. (Though I think Troy might figure into those discussions too.)

He's one of those guys who doesn't do any one thing GREAT... he just does everything real good.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: