Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 21, 2014 at 10:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ben Not an Elite QB  (Read 1585 times)
Hercules50

« Reply #10 on: Oct 11, 2007 at 07:57 »

I just tell people to go look at the stats of the 2005 playoffs. Ben posted the 4th highest QB rating in playoffs history. And, of course, carried us to the Super Bowl.
Wow, cool stat.

And good point about the unquantifiable improvisational element to his game.

I still think his play in the Super Bowl is underrated -- I'm not saying he played a great game, and maybe he didn't even play a good one. But he made some critical as hell throws, especially on 3rd down, especially when escaping pressure and improvising, that saved our skins -- the 3rd-and-28 conversion, and the 3rd down shotput to Hines come to mind...
altimusprime
N00b

« Reply #11 on: Oct 21, 2007 at 22:46 »

I just tell people to go look at the stats of the 2005 playoffs. Ben posted the 4th highest QB rating in playoffs history. And, of course, carried us to the Super Bowl.
Wow, cool stat.

And good point about the unquantifiable improvisational element to his game.

I still think his play in the Super Bowl is underrated -- I'm not saying he played a great game, and maybe he didn't even play a good one. But he made some critical as hell throws, especially on 3rd down, especially when escaping pressure and improvising, that saved our skins -- the 3rd-and-28 conversion, and the 3rd down shotput to Hines come to mind...
Plus he was the youngest QB to ever win the damn thing.  
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Oct 22, 2007 at 07:33 »

He is awesome alright.  Tha's why Ward is going to be dead by the end of the season - because Roethlisberger is going to get him killed!!!!!!!

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #13 on: Oct 22, 2007 at 08:44 »

He is awesome alright.  Tha's why Ward is going to be dead by the end of the season - because Roethlisberger is going to get him killed!!!!!!!
I thought that Hines built his reputation of being tough and going across the middle.  Sorry, I have a good bit of venom for Hines the morning.  I am working on it.  My therapists says that is good that I have targeted my anger.

PUMA
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: