Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 21, 2014 at 18:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parker on ESPN mag Cover  (Read 4067 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Oct 12, 2007 at 14:31 »

My guess is chrisj is a *edit*, and I say the fewer *edit* the better.
And it's chrisj's guess that you're a coward that would get his ass pummeled by chrisj if you were to ever say he's a *edit* to his face
Maybe you're the racist.  I edited "humorless fuck" because, doggone it, I don't care for cursing.  And now you've made me spell it out for you.  Well, if you're a humorless fuck, and a violent humorless fuck at that, then no, I don't want to meet you.  

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Oct 12, 2007 at 14:37 »

Always a Steeler fan. I bid you all fair-well
Chris J

I for one find it quite cool that Chris Jerico is a big steeler fan.  What I cannot understand is, why in the hell he would want to go to a board that is 10x more racist than MGS?

It's not as popular as SteelReign and 10x as racist.

:huh2:
I said THIS board is 10 times more racist.

The sad thing is, I would have never though that I couldn't see eye-to-eye with a group of STEELER fans.

But when you are deep-rooted in ignorance... I guess anything is possible.  

It's all ironic.....

Head Coach   BLACK
Running Back  BLACK

Heck for that matter majority of the team you claim to love.... BLACK

But let one of your sons or daughters come home with a African American boyfriend/girlfriend and you'll turn to instant Archie Bunker (no need to add water)
Wow.  You need a reality check.

If you want to go, then go.  But you're dead wrong about people here being racist.  

BTW, how do you know I'm not black?  How do you know I'm not white, but married to a black woman?  You assume everyone here is white?  

chrisj211
« Reply #32 on: Oct 12, 2007 at 14:49 »

Wow.  You need a reality check.

If you want to go, then go.  But you're dead wrong about people here being racist.  

BTW, how do you know I'm not black?  How do you know I'm not white, but married to a black woman?  You assume everyone here is white?
No assumption needed. You need only to look toward the "coon' remarks and the "idea" that that shit is cool or humorous. Mamma always told there are 3 subjects to stay clear from: Politics, Religion, and Race.
So maybe I disobeyed by even touching on the subject, and in brief hind-sight, if what I have to say offends, then I apologize to who this doesn't apply, but I stand firm to my beliefs. And as a member of a few MULTI-CULTURAL Steeler message boards, I just prefer to post and converse with those who also feel that in this day and age, the racist remarks (however oblique or sublime) aren't necessary to be GREAT FANS

Oh yeah, sorry about the pummeling your ass remark
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Oct 12, 2007 at 14:58 »

Dude,

Spend an hour reading thru some posts and you might stumble upon the MGS mission statement.

Everyone's a wise ass. Everyone gets bashed. Everyone is politically incorrect.

Please tell me you're not Canadian.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Oct 12, 2007 at 15:10 »

Well, we happen to talk about all those topics here.  Sometimes seriously, especially the politics threads, but mostly pretty humorously.  Not everyone connects with that humor; you need to have a great appreciation of irony and sarcasm.  It requires a worldview that no topic is sacred.  If that doesn't click with you, then no hard feelings.  

Again, what you mistake as racism is really people making fun of racist attitudes, and racist tropes.  If you were to spend time here, you'd soon realize that.  If you want politically correct banter, this is not it.  If you want to stick to all Steelers and only Steelers talk, this is not the place.  

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #35 on: Oct 12, 2007 at 15:18 »

I guess this site ain't for everyone.  Probably explains why everyone doesn't post here.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Oct 12, 2007 at 15:42 »

If I needed some racist remarks, don't you think I could get them in abundance here in TX.

But let one of your sons or daughters come home with a African American boyfriend/girlfriend and you'll turn to instant Archie Bunker (no need to add water)

You ARE pro-stereotyping.  It's odd how in one instance, stereotyping offends you, yet you'll rely on a stereotype to further your argument in other instances.

I notice you didn't start a rant towards the poster who made the "honkey" remark earlier...so it's just certain stereotypes that you dislike, not the overarching idea of stereotyping?  It must be convenient to be that choosey.  

No assumption needed. You need only to look toward the "coon' remarks and the "idea" that that shit is cool or humorous.

By this statement, I'll assume that you're no fan of the numerous mainstream rappers and actors who degrade African Americans by using the term "nigga."  

I mean, it's not cool when Ludacris, Ice Cube, Chris Rock, and the like say it, right?  So you avoid purchasing their music and movies, attending their movies and concerts, and certainly react in the same way to them as you have to the comments made here ....right?
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2007 at 15:43 by SCacalaki » Logged

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Oct 12, 2007 at 15:54 »

Not to mention Richard Pryor and Dave Chapelle, among many other comedians.  Pryor really blew the whole deal wide open, for the better IMO.  Chapelle's bit on the Nigger Family was pretty funny, but does that make him racist?

In all fairness, "honkey" is a pretty lame epithet.  That was me, too, by the way.  Maybe I hate white people.  It's funny when Cedric and Hughley and Chapelle make fun of white people by stereotyping them.  Maybe those guys need boycotted, though, now that I think about it.  

vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #38 on: Oct 12, 2007 at 18:24 »

I think you all are just a bunch of nappy headed ho's.  :ph43r:  

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Oct 12, 2007 at 19:59 »

I think you all are just a bunch of nappy headed ho's.  :ph43r:
that shit may fly at a Van Halen Concert, but i'll be damned if I have to be subjected to this at MGS.

U AND DON PRIMUS CAN GO PLAY THE BASS GEETAR TOGETHER FOR ALL I CAR!

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: