Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 21, 2014 at 23:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bye Week Snippets  (Read 516 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Oct 11, 2007 at 08:09 »

Cornerback Bryant McFadden has made enough progress in his recovery from a sprained ankle that the Steelers have given him the OK to return home to Hollywood, Fla., this weekend. McFadden regularly will ice his right ankle and do various exercises to strengthen it while he's away during the Steelers' bye week. The Steelers practice Thursday and then are off until next week.
"I'm told I'm ahead of schedule," McFadden said. "It feels pretty good."

He said he's hopeful he will be ready to play when the Steelers face the Broncos Oct. 21 in Denver.

As someone mentioned in another thread, the dreaded high ankler brings back Kendrell Bell flashbacks.  I don't want to rush Bryant back, but if he's OK, that's really great.

Cornerback Ike Taylor earned NFL Defensive Player of the Week honors after intercepting a pass and breaking up four others in the Steelers' 21-0 win over the Seahawks last Sunday.

Ike is playing better again, and I seriously think a lot of that is due to Tomlin instilling him with some confidence.  

Ben Roethlisberger's number at Miami (Ohio) will be retired Saturday by the school. Roethlisberger will become just the third football player in school history to have his number retired.

And the other two are...?

BIG BENG IS RETARDING, OMG, HWAT A PUSS, LET THE BYRON ST> PEA HAIR ERA BEGINN!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The Steelers spent the first two practices of the week taking a look at some of their younger players, such as rookie running back Gary Russell. As for the Steelers' final practice Thursday before a long weekend, Tomlin called it "a bonus day, looking at some Denver stuff."

Something Cowher would never have done.  I've said before that I'd be interested to see Russell integrated into some game plans this season.  Who knows...
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2007 at 09:00 by kluisi61 » Logged

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
padgfrombf

« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2007 at 16:13 »

Cornerback Ike Taylor earned NFL Defensive Player of the Week honors after intercepting a pass and breaking up four others in the Steelers' 21-0 win over the Seahawks last Sunday.

Ike is playing better again, and I seriously think a lot of that is due to Tomlin instilling him with some confidence.
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2007 at 14:57 by padgfrombf » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: