Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 27, 2014 at 00:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In a futile effort to be positive...  (Read 819 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Oct 22, 2007 at 10:37 »

Never mind that...

-Our offensive line was completely inept in the first half

-Our offensive game plan was completely inept in the first half
(too much empty set, too many deep routes)

-Ben was completely inept in the first half
(TAKE THE CHECKDOWN, THROW THE BALL AWAY)

-Our defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd and 14 three times

-Our coaches insisted on blitzing when it wasn't working, instead of dropping into coverage on 3rd and 14, 2-minute, etc.

-Our coaches ever dropped James Harrison into coverage rather than letting him rush

-Our chance to go up 2 games in the division was blown, yet again

Let's focus on the positives!  

Ben, from what I can tell, played an almost flawless game in the second half.  The play calling was much improved, the game plan adjusted, and we did a great job of adjusting routes/changing plays at the LOS.  Hopefully this will be a sign of things to come and an indication of what the offense can do; and it will be an abberation for the defense.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Hercules50

« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2007 at 11:31 »

Ben, from what I can tell, played an almost flawless game in the second half.  The play calling was much improved, the game plan adjusted, and we did a great job of adjusting routes/changing plays at the LOS.  Hopefully this will be a sign of things to come and an indication of what the offense can do; and it will be an abberation for the defense.
Good points, all.

I can take this loss if it turns out we were playing a decent team at home that was just desperate for a win and we learn from our mistakes and build on what we did well.

It'll hurt if Denver loses their next home game by 30 points, though.

GOOD POINT about blitzing like hell on 3rd and 14. What?
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2007 at 11:32 by Hercules50 » Logged
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2007 at 11:35 »

I'll agree with you on the silver lining, Preach.  I mentioned on another thread how I was pleased that Ben didn't get rattled and played a great second half.  As much as some are criticizing the playcalling, you have to also give credit to the staff for making good halftime adjustments - three possessions, three TDs.

The third and long conversions were frustrating, but we made more than our share also.  I guess it depends on which side of the field you're on.  I'm sure you could go to Broncos websites and read fans saying that if they hadn't given up so many 3rd and longs, the game wouldn't have been close; but they would attribute converting back-to-back 3rd and 14s as great playcalling and execution, where we see it as ineptitude on our side.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2007 at 19:17 »

the biggest postive i took from the game was the red zone offense.  its been a problem for this team all season, so it was nice to see them walk away with TD's instead of FG's.  definitely something to build on in the coming weeks, as we can't settle for FG's against an offense like Cincy next week.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2007 at 19:33 »

Ben, from what I can tell, played an almost flawless game in the second half.  The play calling was much improved, the game plan adjusted, and we did a great job of adjusting routes/changing plays at the LOS.  Hopefully this will be a sign of things to come and an indication of what the offense can do; and it will be an abberation for the defense.
And this is one of the reasons I love Preach.

He joins me on the positivity bandwagon - sometimes he beats me there and reminds me why I need to jump on....

:thumbsup:  :towel:  

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2007 at 20:42 »

He joins me on the positivity bandwagon - sometimes he beats me there and reminds me why I need to jump on....

That, and the fact that I now hail from a state that makes Kentucky look like a haven for the highly educated and social elite!   ;)  

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2007 at 20:53 »

That, and the fact that I now hail from a state that makes Kentucky look like a haven for the highly educated and social elite!   ;)
Hey, I resemble that remark!!

oo)  

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: