Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 23, 2014 at 14:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Denver was just a tough game  (Read 649 times)
dcity21

« on: Oct 23, 2007 at 16:07 »

ok, stick with me here real quick.. No, i am not happy about losing and know that we would beat that team 7 or 8 times out of 10. However, we got them in Denver, but that's not the worst part the bad thing is it was a primetime game..

Now think back to the start of the week.. were you surprised when you saw a 3.5 spread? Well, you shouldn't be, because 79% of the time during a primetime game if the home team is an underdog it will cover the spread.. Look at every primetime game in which the home team is much worse you will continue to be surprised by lower spreads than you would expect..

Need more proof? Look at the Buffalo and Dallas game the spread there was only 5 or 6 too..

We should have won, we're better.. But that game had trap written all over it. Primetime home underdogs are just really fricking hard to beat for whatever reason..

We're still in good shape but damn do we need to beat Cincy this weekend.. if we can do that then thump Balty we're in good shape, cuz the schedule gets real soft for 2 or 3 games..  

"i don't know Nutting about baseball.. but i know about Nutting over making some cash.." Ownership ROCKS!!!
Hercules50

« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2007 at 07:39 »

Very true.

If we can win our next two, we would have no excuse not to win five straight overall, which would put us at 9-2 and a waltz into the playoffs.

In many ways, the next two games will define what this season will be like.

Good points about not making too much of the Denver game itself, but I think the issue isn't so much just that one game. That game exposed some obvious weaknesses that we knew were there before but we thought had reached at least a manageable state. And if those weaknesses could be exploited by a Denver team without its best receiver, offensive lineman, and defensive player, well -- that's not exactly encouraging for us.

We've had a pretty good start to this season but when all is said and done we really haven't beaten anyone good yet. The next two weeks will tell us more about whether we really are a top 5 NFL team or if we're really just a 9-7 type team that's had a soft schedule.  
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2007 at 23:05 »

So the bookkeepers decided the game?

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2007 at 08:22 »

So the bookkeepers decided the game?
I hope they get us a win this week.  

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2007 at 01:06 »

since when is a bookkeeper whose nose deep in spread sheets, forcasting the outcome of games?   i didnt realize Excel has become that great of a prognosticator of the NFL. who knew!

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: