Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 22:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Less complaining  (Read 577 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« on: Oct 29, 2007 at 09:05 »

The play calling in this game was exponentially better than last week.

Not much to complain about.

Ben had to buy a lot of time, but that isn't going to get better any time soon, so I'm expecting that to be the norm.

The D didn't get any pressure on Palmer, but they weren't sending the whole team either.  I'll take the results they has yesterday againt Johnson and Hosyourmama.  I liked Smith just smashing the crap out of TJ.  Watching CJ's face bounce off the turf was quite entertaining too.  I can't believe a lot of these guys don't wearmouth guards.

Special teams needs a little boost.  I thought they were going to give up a TD before the game was over on a kickoff.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2007 at 09:22 »

The play calling in this game was exponentially better than last week.

I think I'd hold off on the gadget plays. Without a decent line, is there really any sense running the reverse or trying the pitch back? Holmes had to run backwards for 10 yards just to net a gain of two yards. And by the time the ball is pitched back to Ben, the defense has already collapsed the pocket.

Last season's punt returns = this season's trick plays

:cringe:
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2007 at 09:57 »

Last week I tried to be positive in the face of a bad game.  Let me take the opposite approach this week:

I am still extremely worried about our Oline.  I am sick and tired of seeing Kendall Simmons getting pushed back into the play.  Also, Ben must do a better job of reading the blitz and changing the play.  On the INT, the Bengals sent eight, so throw the hot route or get rid of it!

Also, as previously mentioned, our Dline w/o Aaron Smith is no Dline at all.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2007 at 10:31 »

I am still extremely worried about our Oline. I am sick and tired of seeing Kendall Simmons getting pushed back into the play.

I worry to.  As has been discussed, this is a chronic problem that has slowly gotten worse over the past few years.  Can't fix much in regular season practices.  For better or for worse, this is how it's going to be for '07.  Even '08 will be a transition year as new guys (hopefully) adjust to each other and the system.

As long as Willie keeps getting his 100 yard games, no one on TV will notice, however.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 29, 2007 at 10:35 »

this is a chronic problem
Simmons is smokin the chronic?

You guys have some real inside info, but that would also explain Marvel giving up on plays too.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: