Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 31, 2014 at 09:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anthony freakin Smith  (Read 1233 times)
mrblack66
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Oct 29, 2007 at 14:42 »

Im going out and getting me a #27 right after work.

Smacking Housh around on several plays then knocking Chads mouth grill right the hell out. This guy is good old fashion intimidation at its best.
 :towel:  :towel:

I'm not cryin'. It's just been raining... on my face.
Ytownsteelfan

« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2007 at 17:35 »

Only problem you will find, is that you will have to buy the real jersey.  Since Anthony Smith is not one of the "stars" of the team, they do not have his replica jersey.  Trust me, I have tried.  He is from the same high school my mom graduated from, so I wanted to pick his jersey up.  I was told I would have to order it since replicas were not made.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2007 at 20:57 »

Give it time, kids, give it time.

I don't think it will take long.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2007 at 22:56 »

I like Smith and hope he improves in coverage. He knocked the shit out of  Imaprettymomma. But in fairness to Chad, that pass hit him in shoulder pads and he should have caught it. An awkward jump and extension for the ball made him land on his face, not Smith.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 29, 2007 at 23:21 »

An awkward jump and extension for the ball made him land on his face, not Smith.
for those of you without an HD TV, you could actually see one of his teephs bounce off the turf.  it was a beautiful sight to behold.  It would have been even nicer to have had a DVR to watch that crap over and over again.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
mrblack66
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 11:23 »

But in fairness to Chad, that pass hit him in shoulder pads and he should have caught it. An awkward jump and extension for the ball made him land on his face, not Smith.
you're probably the kid in school that told all the other kids that there is no Santa.
Im on to you.  oo)  

I'm not cryin'. It's just been raining... on my face.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 11:33 »

Only problem you will find, is that you will have to buy the real jersey. Since Anthony Smith is not one of the "stars" of the team, they do not have his replica jersey. Trust me, I have tried. He is from the same high school my mom graduated from, so I wanted to pick his jersey up. I was told I would have to order it since replicas were not made.

Fuck buying those $275 jerseys from NFL.com or local retailers.

Recycle.

I just picked up Randle El and Amos Zeroue 'authentics' that would have retailed for $250+. These are the ones with the spandex side panels, dyed/cuffed sleeves, etc.
I paid about $40 shipped for each of them. I stripped the numbers and nameplates and within the week, I'll have a fresh #86 and #10.  
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 11:38 »

What do you use to "paint" the names and numbers back on them?

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 12:45 »

What do you use to "paint" the names and numbers back on them?

These jerseys have everything sewn on, so you can take off the numbers and nameplate with nothing more than a seam ripper. It's tedious work, but the jerseys themselves last for years and I refuse to pay anywhere near full price. Again, I'm talking about what Reebok calls their "on field authentics". If you have a screen printed replica, you're hooped.

I found a place that will sell me pre-cut Steelers numbers and lettering. The only thing I haven't been able to find are brand new nameplates - so I recycle those too.

There used to be a place in Illinois that would re-customize a jersey for about $60. Mail out a Randle El and get back a Heath Miller. This is an NFL licensed shop, but the NFL insisted they stop providing that service. Must have killed them to see people getting a $275 jersey for $60. Fuckers. They don't seem to have a problem with the thousands of fakes on eBay though. I'm sure those are going out the backdoor and Reebok is getting their bootleg cut.

Whatever. I have to wear the colors on Sunday and I'll cut the fucking numbers by hand before I'll pay for that overpriced shwit.

Here's a Bradshaw M&N jersey I stripped and customized for a friend of mine. He wanted a Swanny but M&N doesn't make one. Stripped it clean, bought some twill and broke out the scissors.

Someday I'll be good enough to work for Penso in the coozie factory.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 13:01 »

Someday I'll be good enough to work for Penso in the coozie factory.

Not if you want paid more than 12.5 cents per hour, you won't.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: