Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 22, 2014 at 12:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers release Colclough  (Read 1493 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 21:37 »

I'd say the bust factor is right up there with Zo, not the least of which because they were both second rounders.

Bingo.  Coming from a small school, probably didn't have quite the expectatons coming in that Zo did, but when you trade up for a guy, the bust factor increases.

I hope for his sake he hooks on somewhere and becomes an OK nickel/dime guy.  I believe that muffed punt screwed up his head, and he shouldn't have been back there in the first place.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Oct 31, 2007 at 08:39 »

I believe that muffed punt screwed up his head, and he shouldn't have been back there in the first place.

Yeah, I think everything last season messed with his head.  The punt, the "injury," all of it.  Obviously he wasn't worth a second-round pick, but last year clearly ruined any shot he had to make it with the Steelers.

I didn't think Eason was that bad, either.

Honestly, I'm not sure that Eason is that bad.  I just think Aaron Smith is that good.  And if you want to talk about underrated, he's your prime example.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Hercules50

« Reply #12 on: Oct 31, 2007 at 08:57 »

Honestly, I'm not sure that Eason is that bad.  I just think Aaron Smith is that good.  And if you want to talk about underrated, he's your prime example.
No doubt. Aaron Smith may be our best player on defense.

A point made above is excellent - with Smith and Hampton busting shit up on the opponent's O-line, we're able to play defense that leans toward stopping the pass without people running on us consistently. It's huge. Much, much harder to do that with Eason in instead of Smith.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Oct 31, 2007 at 12:12 »

BTW, regarding Coke-lee, 'bout time.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Oct 31, 2007 at 18:38 »

Per kffl.com

Browns | Team claims Colclough off waivers
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:59:55 -0700

The Cleveland Browns announced they have claimed CB Ricardo Colclough off waivers Wednesday, Oct. 31.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Oct 31, 2007 at 20:16 »

The Cleveland Browns announced they have claimed CB Ricardo Colclough off waivers Wednesday, Oct. 31.

Don't we play them week after next?  No coincidence there.

He'll be a Brown for about 3 weeks, tops.  Assuming they give him a courtesy week after they've gotten what they wanted.
jclaywell18
Been pimpin, since been pimpin, since been pimpin
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #16 on: Oct 31, 2007 at 22:11 »

I hope so 'cause Eason is downright awful.
Well I got tickets to the Bengals game last week for $30 from Eason's girlfriend, so he's an excellent player in my book and I hope that he is a Steeler for the rest of his career. (So I can continue to get cheap ass tickets!)

I'm just gonna walk this off....

Gold jacket, green jacket..who gives a shit
padgfrombf

« Reply #17 on: Nov 01, 2007 at 08:02 »

I'll give Nick Eason this much.  He's now 27-28 years old, or thereabouts, and has worked and hung in there for a chance at a roster spot this year, beating out Rodney Bailey, the draft pick McBean, and eliminating the cap hit for the Steelers to recycle a Kimo VO type from the free agent market.  Like Chris Hoke, I hope he ends up being a decent player in the league; he seems to have done it so far with his own sweat equity.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: