Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 02, 2014 at 03:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers release Colclough  (Read 1528 times)
bamf16
Old School Member

« on: Oct 30, 2007 at 13:57 »

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07303/829685-66.stm

So where does this rank on the list of busts in the past 15-20 years?  It's no Huey Richardson or Jamain Stephens, but this is a CB they traded up in round 2 to get.

No one wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.
--Lou Brock
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 14:01 »

Not too suprising.  But with hits on McFadden and Taylor and the continuing good play from Townsend, the future back there should be good.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 14:49 »

Gay had a couple of gaffes Sunday, but has clearly shown more than Coke ever did.  I think he was just overwhelmed by the jump in class from Tusculum, always seemed in over his head to a degree.  

I'd say the bust factor is right up there with Zo, not the least of which because they were both second rounders.  

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 15:06 »

The Pats will pick him up a week before they play us and stick him on the practice squad. Seems to always happen like that.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 15:13 »

This says a couple of things to me....

1.  McFadden should be ready for Monday Night.  Not that the Ravens run many 4 wide sets, but a team would put itself into a bad situation if it had 3 CBs available.  

2.  Colclough couldn't get it as a corner or a returner.  Must have really not gotten it as a corner, as with McFadden's injury situation as it is, this isn't the time to let go of someone who can provide even mediocre coverage.  I haven't thought much of Madison as a corner.

3.  Maybe Aaron Smith returns?  I haven't read through Tomlin's PC but at a time when letting a guy to sing a DE might be more logical, that they released Coke to sign Madison (and not McBean or some other DE type) says Smith is doing better???  I hope so 'cause Eason is downright awful.
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2007 at 15:16 by SCacalaki » Logged

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 15:26 »

I hope so 'cause Eason is downright awful.
I guess I'm not paying close enough of attention because I didn't think Eason did that bad.  I mean, he's no Aaron Smith, but we all knew that.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 15:31 »

I guess I'm not paying close enough of attention because I didn't think Eason did that bad.  I mean, he's no Aaron Smith, but we all knew that.
I seem to remember a lot of runs to the right, albeit in pass D, gouging us for 8, 9, 10 yards.  I don't remember Smith giving that kind of chunkage up.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 15:41 »

To me, Eason is no Rodney Bailey.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Hercules50

« Reply #8 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 15:57 »

I didn't think Eason was that bad, either.

I think we gave up those rushing yards because we were focused on shutting down the pass, and we did. We turned Carson Palmer into Chad Pennington. What did they do, average 8 yards a completion?

Seemed like Watson got a fair amount of yards on draws. Not saying it was a good performance but I don't see it as the end of the world.

In sum, I'd say it's not like some team determined to line up and smashmouth us, and we couldn't stop it.  
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 17:25 »

With Aaron Smith in the lineup, we can still play the pass first and not have a back average nearly 5 per.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: