Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 21, 2014 at 00:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFC NORTH  (Read 1337 times)
OhioU_Stlrs_Fan

« on: Nov 05, 2007 at 16:31 »

with the way our division is panning out, anyone else thing that the AFC North is the best division in the AFC?

i mean there are 3 solid squads at the top of the division, and our bottom feeder has to be the best bad team, i mean talent wise.

I Heart The Steelers.

Movie On Repeat (1) - Death Race
Movie On Repeat (2) -Max Payne None
Song On Repeat (1)- Jay Z - Brooklyn We Go Hard
Song On Repeat (2)-Here We Go, Duh its Playoff Time!
Book i cant put down -Dean Koontz - Shadowfires
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 16:37 »

I guess you could make an argument for that, but I'd have to go with the South, especially if we beat Balty tonight.

Indy, Titans, and Jacksonville.  Titans don't seem that good on paper, but they only have two losses and will be ahead of Pittsburgh if they lose to Balty tonight.  Jacksonville, I think, is better than Cleveland, but arguably so.

Both wild cards will come out of the South, unless Cleveland keeps on their tear.  

Indy = Indy

Titans = Steelers

Jags = Browns

Baltimore

Texans = Bengals
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2007 at 16:39 by Big Virgil » Logged

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
VThrilla18

« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 16:58 »

Titans = Steelers? Are you kidding me?

LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 17:00 »

I'd like to think we're better, but the Titans certainly aren't bad.  And Jeff Fisher has always had our number. Frankly, both the Titans and the Jags give me a headache;  they always play lights out against us...

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 17:36 »

I'd like to think we're better, but the Titans certainly aren't bad.  And Jeff Fisher has always had our number. Frankly, both the Titans and the Jags give me a headache;  they always play lights out against us...
That Titans defense is pretty salty.  If Young can continue to improve, etc, they'll be someone to contend with in that division.  Jax seems to have taken a step back on both sides of the ball - no QB, the DL, while once dominant, is aging.  If they ever had a window it's closing faster than hell.  Hell, even Houston is approaching .500 for the season.  

I'd probably go with the AFCS at this point, but that can change.  

I'm still confused by the Brownstains:  are they really 5-3?  How is this possible?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 21:20 »

Um...no.

Indy = Indy

Titans = Steelers

Jags = Browns

Baltimore

Texans = Bengals

You're the man Big Virgil, but I gotta go against you on this one.

Jags=no David Garrard, and their defense just got smoked yesterday

Titans=Vince Young throwing for about 37 yards a game.  At some point that's going to bite you in the butt.  (Cee Seeward, Krodel)

I don't think anyone, other than Indy, in that division is any better than we are.  That said, I'm not sure our division is any better top to bottom than theirs.  The Browns are playing great, but they still can't stop anyone.  Jags (usually), Titans, and Colts all have great D--and I'll take defense over offense any day.

And as we see on MNF, the Ravens aren't all that great on defense.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Ohio_is_for_Buttlovers

« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 07:55 »

I'd like to think that Jeff Fischer had Cowher's number.  Tomlin is undefeated against the Titans!

"I think a plan is just a list of things that don't happen."

dcity21

« Reply #7 on: Nov 09, 2007 at 13:56 »

The south is better, at least at this point cuz i'm still not convinced that the Bungals are dead in the water.. They are still a dangerous team, maybe not as dangerous as Houston once Johnson is back..

And the Steelers would absolutely destroy the Titans.. This team just does not lose to running teams and that is the only way the Titans can possibly get it done.. Beyond that i think the Steelers vs. Colts is a better matchup than most national media types would give it credit.

YET, right now that Jags (with Garrard who i close to being back) and Titans are better teams than the Ravens and Bengals..

This is how i see it...
Colts
Steelers

Titans, Browns
Jags

Bengals (yeah that's right i really still think this team is better than the Ratbirds)
Texans (with Andre Johnson)
Ravens

ANd i'm guessing the Brownies (look at their schedule, i really don't see them winning less than 4 of those games and 9 may be enough, even though i think they are more likely to win 10) and Titans take down the WC with a strong push from the Bills.. who still play the Browns and Jags and the NFC eat minus the Cowgirls, if they can cleanup on the NFC. which is possible they could be looking at 9-7, 10-6 b/c they still have 2 games VS Miami..

"i don't know Nutting about baseball.. but i know about Nutting over making some cash.." Ownership ROCKS!!!
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2007 at 14:17 »

I think dcity's got it right.  

Good breakdown.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Hercules50

« Reply #9 on: Nov 09, 2007 at 14:30 »

I agree that, right now, the consensus that the top tier of the NFL is New England and Indianopolis, with a gap between them and the rest of the league, is not accurate.

I would put the Patriots on a tier by themselves.

I think the Colts are joined by the Steelers on the second tier (even though our loss to Denver is looking worse and worse)

And the Cowboys, Giants, Packers, Titans and Jags are on the next tier. One could argue that the NFC teams are as good as Pittsburgh, but I think they have glaring weakness as opposed to the Steelers being more balanced.

Of all those teams on the 3rd tier, the one I think could really storm the top of the league, actually, is New York. Their defense seems to be getting better each week, and they've developed a very phsyical O-Line which can make up for Eli's inconsistency.

This picture could change dramatically if the Steelers somehow lose to the Browns. But a win against Cleveland will make the Steelers 10-2 by the time they play New England.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: